Elder Scroll Online's Homestead Update Opens Its Doors on XBox One and PS4
The move-in day has finally arrived for Elder Scrolls Online players on Xbox One and Playstation 4. The long-awaited "Homestead" update previously launched on PC/Mac on Monday, February 6, 2017, but is now on consoles. (The update is an estimated 30MB.)
"Homestead" was first announced in December 2016, and is a free update that introduces 39 unique homes throughout Tamriel. Players also have over 2,000 individual pieces of furniture and decorative options available through the Furnishing Crafting trait.
Non-ESO Plus Players are limited to 50 furnishings, 1 Trophy Bust, 1 Assistant, and either a Mount or pet within their home. These limits double for active ESO Plus players (100 furnishings, 2 Trophy Busts, 2 Assistants, and 2 mounts or pets).
The Elder Scrolls Online has created an in-depth guide on how players can obtain their first home -- a modest room inside of a local inn.
Players can also own additional homes (or even all of them) by purchasing them through the Crown Store or with in-game gold.
The update also includes Master Crafting Writs, four new Motifs, updates to PvP, and a large balancing patch for all classes and skills.
The new "Homestead" addition includes the following:
- Player housing, complete with the following:
- 39 homes, available for purchase with gold or crowns
- Robust Housing Editor tools
- Over 2,000 unique home furnishings and decorations available for purchase with crowns, gold, or created with Furnishing Crafting
- Home previewing
- Specialty furnishings
- Customizable home permissions for guildmates and friends
- Housing achievements with four prestigious new titles
- Furnishing Crafting
- Master Crafting Writs
- Four new Crafting Motifs:
- Ra Gada
- Silken Ring
- Cyrodiil vendor changes and improvements
- Improved rewards for Cyrodiil town quests
- Dungeon ready check added to the Dungeon Finder
- Champion Point cap increase from 561 to 600
Let us know which house you're most excited in Homestead about in the comments below!