Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty 1.03 Patch Released
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty launched on March 3, 2023 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox platforms. It's had a somewhat rocky launch, with players reporting performance issues, particularly on the Steam version.
Ver1.03 Patch Released— Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty (@WoLongOfficial) March 8, 2023
A patch for the Steam, PS5 & PS4 versions has been released. This patch will be available soon for the Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One & Microsoft Store versions.
Details attached and on the website.https://t.co/4wuifKFFRC
Team Ninja have been paying attention to the game’s community and has launched the 1.03 patch to specifically target PC, and PlayStation bugs, as well as issues relating to all platforms. The patch includes the tagline that a similar, targeted, update will be coming to the Xbox platforms soon.
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty 1.03 Patch Notes
The patch notes were posted in full on the official site. The first portion applies to all platforms, with the second applying only to PC.
Patch Notes For All Platforms:
- Made it possible for guest players in Recruit (online multiplayer) sessions to skip cutscenes and leave the session after boss battles.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug in which the player would not be able to progress beyond the area where they encounter Zhao Yun in the main battlefield “Two Chivalrous Heroes” if the saved data from the demo version had a specific progress status and was transferred to the full version.
- Fixed a bug in which the special effects of equipment in the storehouse would be lost if the saved data from the demo version was transferred to the full version.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from re-entering the boss area of the main battlefield “Fall of the Corrupted Eunuch” if both the player and Baishe had been defeated at the same time.
- Fixed a bug that prevented the player from obtaining the trophy/achievement “Awakening of the Unscrupulous Hero” during online multiplayer sessions.
- Note: After the update is applied, this trophy/achievement can be obtained by clearing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when hitting enemies with the attacks “Falling Leaves” and “Scattered Leaves” while using dual halberds that had been decorated.
- Fixed a bug that caused some graphics settings to be reset to the default settings each time the game was launched.
- Fixed some other minor bugs.
Patch Notes for Steam/Microsoft Store:
- Improved the camera controls when using a mouse.
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed white flickers that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that caused some resolutions to not be selectable in certain environments.
- Fixed a problem in which the wrong graphics card was selected to run the game in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that caused a crash when running the game with a certain screen resolution setting, and then applying a specific filter in Photograph mode and exiting.
Despite the performance issues, Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty is a rewarding game with its challenging combat and unique Moral and Fortitude systems. The semi-open levels give you plenty to explore, and we know there is great potential for replayability. You can find more about our thoughts on the game in our Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty review here or browse through our Wo Long guides.
Featured image via Koei Tecmo