Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2 Is Releasing This August with New Features
After the massively popular release of Cook, Serve, Delicious!, the anticipation for a sequel has been sky high. Today Vertigo Gaming Inc has announced the release date of that long-awaited sequel, along with its price and a few details on the restaurant customization and local co-op features that will be present in the game.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2 is the sequel to the immensely popular and critically acclaimed hardcore cooking game Cook, Serve, Delicious! that was released on Windows and mobile devices in 2013. The sequel takes place after the events of the first game, where the player has their platinum star restaurant shut down due to a business deal. Now, you need to start your restaurant business over from scratch.
Using your life savings, you buy a new restaurant in the Teragon Supertower -- the biggest skyscraper in the city -- and begin to rebuild yourself as the best chef in the world. The sequel boasts an array of features including:
- A 60+ hour Campaign Mode: Build your restaurant from a roach infested eatery to a World Class Platinum Star experience.
- A new campaign mode called Chef for Hire: Take jobs within the tower and various restaurants as you gain experience with the large array of foods. This massive new mode spans 400+ levels across 25+ restaurants!
- The return of the classic Management mode: Build up your restaurant with the menu of your choosing, including decorating your restaurant with nearly one thousand unlockable objects!
- All new gameplay features and additions, with a greater flexibility of difficulty for those who like it casual or insanely difficult.
- Over 180 foods, sides, drinks and desserts to choose from -- a staggering increase from the 30 foods in the original game.
- New local co-op mode: Split screen co-op feature allows you to play through the entire game with two players, with the ability for players to drop in and out during your progress within the game.
- Full Steam Achievements/Cloud/Trading Cards/Leaderboard support.
- All new 1080p native/60fps code.
Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2 is aiming to improve on the original game in every way possible and is set to release on August 24 of this year for Windows, Mac and Linux platforms. The game’s price has been announced as $12.99.
Restaurant Customization and Local Co-op Details
Along with the announcement of the release date and price, came details on Restaurant Customization and local co-op -- two new features to the sequel.
In the previous game, you had six restaurant styles to choose from, but no control over the design. The upcoming sequel boasts over 1000 unlockable objects that allow the player to customize their restaurant how they see fit. The objects will unlock randomly at the end of each in-game day, and players can unlock additional items by leveling up and completing optional objectives.
The other feature detailed is the local co-op mode. After the massive success that was the experimental implementation of multiplayer in the original game after release, Vertigo Gaming Inc has made it a full blown mode in the sequel.
The co-op mode allows two players to work in the kitchen together and swap around jobs to best suit the circumstances they are facing. So if one player is less familiar with the game they can be given easier jobs to complete while the other takes on the more complex chores.
The game's local co-op is also set to be played multiple ways. Two players can play using the mouse and keyboard (one on the mouse one on the keyboard) or with both on gamepads or one on each -- whichever best suits the players.
But that is not all!
At the end of the announcement post, the developer also announced that the original game will be going on sale tomorrow at an 80% discount. So for those who are yet to experience what Cook, Serve, Delicious! is all about, they can do so tomorrow for the price of $1.99.