Borderlands 3 Patch Tweaks Vault Hunter Abilities, Weapon Values
Borderlands 3 has been out for almost a month now. As with any game these days, it has already received a few patches and hotfixes along the way. The latest update for the first-person shooter dropped yesterday, bringing with it a handful of tweaks to vault hunters and weapons. Of course, it squashed a few bugs, too.
This patch isn't the first time changes have been made to the game's vault hunters. While all of the game's vault hunters have been affected in some way, this patch marks a significant balance tweak for Moz.
Both Moz's Bloodletter class mod and Means of Destruction skill have been scaled back. Now, Bloodletter takes longer to start recharging, and its recharge rate is slower. Means of Destruction has seen its re-trigger delay drastically decrease.
Per the official patch notes (which you can see in full below), the changes to Means of Destruction are as follows:
- Recharge delay was increased by 150%
- Recharge rate was reduced by 50%
- Retrigger delay is now 0.3 seconds
Gearbox says that these adjustments were made due to limitations in certain Borderlands 3 builds, as well as to combat the game's infinite grenade bug. The developer said that the infinite grenade bug itself would be dealt with at a later time.
Amara also received alterations in the game's latest patch.
Amara's Alacrity ability, which is a Tier 2 passive skill, provides her with a stackable reload speed modifier for each point put into the skill. However, players noticed that values weren't adding up. Per Gearbox, "putting points into Alacrity now awards a reload speed bonus per rank."
Her Phasegrasp ability was also affected. It can now hit targets at greater distance, and it recharges instantly if a player does not hit their target.
The changes to Fl4k and Zane were less impactful, with Fl4k's amending a previous balance change and Zane's Death Follows Close passive accurately tallying "several Kill Skills after unlocking ...".
Finally, most of the weapon hotfixes come in the form of damage increases or reduced zoom levels for scopes and sniper rifles.
You can see a full list of the patch notes below per Gearbox.
Borderlands 3 Hotfixes: October 10
We addressed a concern that Alacrity was only rewarding players one point worth of bonuses even if the player put in more than one point. In addition, we wanted Phasegrasp to be more accessible to all weapon types and play styles, so we doubled the range to grasp an enemy.
- Putting points into Alacrity now awards a reload speed bonus per rank
- Phasegrasp can now be used on targets further away and the cooldown is now instantly returned if a player misses
The Bloodletter class mod was creating some overwhelming synergies for Moze so we increased the delay and decreased the recharge rate of the shield to compensate. This should help encourage the intended use of this class mod, which is to heal shields manually, not automatically.
Means of Destruction’s re-trigger delay was adjusted again because the change limited other builds beyond creating infinite grenades. The infinite grenade bug will be addressed in a future patch but we wanted to enable other builds that use Means of Destruction so we dramatically reduced the re-trigger delay to a reasonable number.
- Bloodletter Class Mod
- Increased the Recharge Delay by 150%
- Reduced the Recharge Rate by 50%
- Addressed a reported bug with Close the Distance so the Action Skill Augment will now deal the intended Shock Damage
- Means of Destruction now has a re-trigger delay of 0.3 seconds
The Leave No Trace change last week to FL4K was to forcefully inject the functionality of a cooldown into the ability. However, the value that was added was never the intended the value.
We dramatically lowered it to retain the promise of the ability but with a cooldown that still allows players to gain ammo without dramatically removing a core aspect of a weapon’s gameplay loop.
- Leave No Trace now has a re-trigger delay set to 0.3 seconds
- Death Follows Close will correctly update several Kill Skills after unlocking this ability
- The Lob's projectile tick damage is now 60% of base damage (up from 20%) and projectile speed decelerates faster to increase chances of hitting the same target multiple times
- Creeping Death damage increased by 200%
- Carrier damage increased by 60%
- Gunerang damage increased by 20%
- All Sniper Rifle Zoom Levels have been slightly reduced
- Long scopes on Jakobs, Children of the Vault, and DAHL Assault Rifles have also been slightly reduced
- Anointed Parts:
- When Zane swaps positions with his Digi-Clone, the damage gained is increased to 130% (up from 75%)
- When FL4K hits a target with Rakks, the target now takes 100% increased damage (up from 50%)
- The Anointed part "Increased damage vs Badasses" no longer heals the player and now correctly adds bonus damage to Badass enemies
- Pain, Terror, and Agonizer 9000 have been adjusted to have an increased chance to drop higher quality loot
- Addressed a reported bug with Dynasty Diner that could potentially halt mission progress for some players
- Addressed a reported concern that some players fell through the floors in various boss arenas
- Modified enemy spawn level discrepancies reported in the later parts of the campaign