StarCraft and Starcraft: Brood War are Free with Latest Patch
Earlier today Blizzard released patch notes for StarCraft: Brood War. In this press release there were several small additions and bug fixes. A few of the more notable additions are:
- Support for Windowed mode and Fullscreen Windowed mode were added.
- An Actions Per Minute display option was added.
- Multiplayer was made more responsive.
- Popular Maps was added to assist in finding, well, popular maps (and game types).
- An observer mode was added.
- Replays will now autosave.
With the addition of an Actions Per Minute counter, an observer mode, and auto saving for replays it seems as if the developers sought to add in quality of life features that helped assist hardcore players' training.
There was also a small tidbit thrown in there: StarCraft and StarCraft: Brood War are now free via battle.net. So developers are now apparently nonchalantly dropping the prices of their classic games to free while continuing to patch them like they are Beyonce or something.
If you have never played these classic games, then you can follow the links on the official StarCraft website to download it for Mac or PC.