Pokemon GO Battle League Season One Kicks Off Soon
After an extended pre-season, the Pokemon GO Battle League is finally set to go live on March 13 at 1 p.m. PST/4 p.m. EST. Niantic is introducing a bevy of bonuses and chances to catch strong Pokemon leading up to that point as well. Here's what to expect from the AR 'mon catcher's very first battle league.
Leading up to the event's launch and shortly after, you'll have the chance to catch super-strong Legendary Pokemon: Darkrai, Altered Form Giratina, and Thundurus. The periods for Darkrai and Giratina's appearances coincide with the same times these Legendaries are available in March in general. Thundurus is available at "all other times."
From now until March 13, all three leagues — Great, Ultra, and Master — are available for anyone as well to help wet your battle whistle.
Two more special events are running prior to the Battle League's launch on March 13, too. From March 10 at 8 a.m. to March 12 at 10 p.m. local time, more strong Pokemon will appear in Raids, including Skarmory, Swampert, and Shieldon for four-star Raids and Registeel and Cressellia for five-star Raids.
From the time the GO Battle League launches on March 13 until March 16 at 10 p.m. local time, a number of bonuses are available:
- Win the Premium Pass if you win all five battles in a set
- More chances to encounter Pokemon strong in the Battle League
- Bonus Stardust for league fights
- Complete seven sets of Battle League battles in one day
Finally is the League's timeline and the anticipated start date for the GO Battle League's Season 2:
- The Great League will run from Friday, March 13, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, March 27, at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
- The Ultra League will run from Friday, March 27, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, April 10, at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
- The Master League will run from Friday, April 10, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, April 24, at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
- All three leagues will be available from Friday, April 24, at 1:00 p.m. to Friday, May 1, at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
- Season 2 will begin Friday, May 1, at 1:00 p.m. PDT.
There are other adjustments to ranks, Pokemon, and rewards related to the Battle League as well, and you can check those out on the official Pokemon GO website if you're interested.
Stay tuned to GameSkinny for more Pokemon GO news as it develops.