FFXIV 5.3 Bringing the Heat to Make Up for Last Patch
Final Fantasy XIV players may have been left disappointed with patch 5.25 — heck, disappointed enough that Balmung's not even congested right now — but patch 5.3 hopes to bring some of that enthusiasm back to both long-time players and those still back in the base game.
FFXIV 5.3 brings the much-anticipated A Realm Reborn revamp meant to streamline the base game's scenario quests, and it adds flying to ARR's areas. This revamp has been a long time coming, but it isn't remotely the biggest punch this patch packs.
Several new pieces of Level-80-oriented content are coming along with 5.3.
- The last chapter of the Shadowbringers MSQ
- The next NieR-inspired raid, The Puppets Bunker
- Large-scale battle content related to the new Resistance weapons added in 5.25, allowing them to be upgraded
- A new dungeon, The Heroes' Gauntlet
- The third phase of the Ishgardian Restoration opens
- The Dwarves get their crafting-oriented beast tribe quests
- More crafting and gathering changes as well as an update to the Skysteel Tools questline
- Unreal Trials are being added, which will rotate by patch
This is a whole pile of content, and it is sure to please those who took a break due to the lack of content in 5.25.
There is no announcement about 5.3's release date yet, but be prepared to resub on patch day, friends! There's grinding to be done.