The Surge Gets Free Cutting Edge DLC, Stupid Deep Discounts
If you thought you'd already gotten your hands on the most advanced weaponry and armor The Surge had to offer, think again. With today's release of the absolutely free "Cutting Edge" DLC, players on PS4, Xbox One, and PC will find three new armor sets, three new weapons sets, and three new jumpsuits added to the game. Each item will provide unique boosts to stats such as speed, energy, life regen, and more.
New Jumpsuits in the "Cutting Edge"
- The Angel: Gives players boosts to attack speed, energy attainment, and "impacts on CODENAME weapons"
- The Aslepius: Improves life regeneration
- The Nano Ward: Adds explosive blasts to perfectly timed blocks
New Weapons in the "Cutting Edge"
- The Experiment 44H: Also goes by the name of "Dark Star." It leverages a containment field to eviscerate enemies.
- The Engelhart: Poses threats not only to enemies but also to the person using it. Using boost technology, this weapon can become incredibly hot, incredibly fast -- in any environment it is used.
- The BioN J-1: Also goes by the name of "Last Aid." Originally designed as a medical tool, the BioN J-1 is best used to surgically remove pieces of your enemies.
Discounts to The Surge and Its DLCs
Alongside the release of the "Cutting Edge" DLC, The Surge will also see deep discounts on Steam and the Xbox Marketplace from now until April 20. Sorry, PS4 owners; there are currently no discounts for The Surge on PSN as of this writing.
The largest discounts seem to be found on Steam. On Valve's marketplace, you can find The Surge: Complete Edition, which collects the base game with all of its previously released DLCs, for $24.99. Other DLC can be found for as low as $2.
If you're an Xbox One owner, you'll need a Gold membership to take advantage of The Surge's discounted prices.
What are your favorite weapons, jumpsuits, and armor sets in The Surge? Do you plan on picking up any of the discounted DLC -- or jumping into the base game for the first time? Let us know in the comments below, and stayed tuned to GameSkinny for more news and info on The Surge as it develops.
If you're looking for tips, tricks, and strategies for The Surge, make sure to check out GameSkinny's guides for the Dark Souls-inspired ARPG.