The Legion Pre-Patch and You: What's Disappearing
The Legion Pre-Patch will hit live servers on this upcoming Tuesday, 7/19/16. As with every expansion pre-patch, Patch 7.0 is bringing a lot of changes to World of Warcraft. In addition to the usual class and system overhauls, 7.0 is also introducing the brand-new Transmog system, the new Demon Hunter class, and the in-game events leading up to the return of the Burning Legion.
With the arrival of the World of Warcraft: Legion pre-expansion patch, two time-limited Feats of Strength will no longer be obtainable—Ahead of the Curve: The Black Gate, which charges heroes with defeating Archimonde on Heroic difficulty or higher, and Cutting Edge: The Black Gate, which challenges players to vanquish Archimonde on Mythic difficulty.
Also with the Legion pre-expansion patch, the Brawler’s Guild will be temporarily closing down, and Warlords of Draenor Challenge modes will end. You’ll also no longer be able to start the quest line for your Legendary ring—and if you aren’t already on Chapter II or later, the quest will be removed from your quest log.
- Kaivax on the World of Warcraft Blog
Here is a list of things that players should be aware are being removed from the game and prepare for in the days leading up to Patch 7.0 and the return of the Burning Legion:
1. If you have not at least started Chapter II of the Legendary ring quest, you will not be able to start it once the Pre-patch hits. Once Legion hits, the quest line will be removed entirely.
2. The trader in your Garrison's Trading Post will no longer sell the bags of gold for blood/garrison supplies. If you have extra Savage Bloods and Garrison Supplies, I suggest you burn through them and get all the bags of gold you can. Also, use your Primal Spirits to buy Savage Bloods to trade for bags of gold.
3. Garrison Follower upgrade items are dropping in vendor price from gold to coppers. If you don't want them, sell them before the patch.
4. The Brawler's Guild is closing its door for this season. If you want the Seasonal Rank 8 achievement, better get it now.
5. Ahead of the Curve/Cutting Edge are also going away in the Pre-Patch, so if you haven't killed Heroic or Mythic Archimonde, I suggest you do so if you really want the achievements/mounts.
6. The Grove Warden (moose mount) is NOT going away in the patch. It will be available until 8/30 - but that means you only have six more weeks to kill Heroic Archimonde for the quest!
7. The reset timers of the game are being standardized: Starting in the pre-patch, all quests, raids, and other recurring lockouts and activities will always reset at 15:00 UTC (8am PDT/11am EST) on the appropriate day.
8. The PvP Season is ending. If you have honor/conquest that you want to spend, do it now. Honor and Conquest points are going away. As far as we know, the Champion's Honor tokens (the ones that give 1k honor/conquest) are being depreciated, so if you want to sell them or use them, do it before Tuesday.
Yes, you will still receive gold for conquest and honor at the end of this season. https://t.co/lkVmJCnKZ0
— WarcraftDevs (@WarcraftDevs) June 15, 2016
9. Pet Charm drops from Pet Battles and the Garrison will be lowered. Additionally, Howl Bomb will no longer be a viable mechanic.
10. Most of the gold-giving Garrison Missions are being changed to give Garrison Resources instead.
11. Challenge Modes are also being removed in the Legion Pre-Patch, so if you haven't completed them, you have until Tuesday!
12. The Heirloom Trinkets will remain obtainable after the patch, but WILL be removed on 8/30, so run those Mythic dungeons.
Be prepared! Don't let these changes catch you unawares. Sell off your follower supplies, trade in your resources and bloods, and finish up your Brawls!
World of Warcraft: Legion is the sixth expansion for the hit MMORPG World of Warcraft. It is scheduled to release on August 30th, 2016.