PSN October Promotion: Spend $100, Get $15 Back
Planning to buy a couple of new games through the PlayStation Network in October? If all of them total $100 or more, gamers can get $15 back.
Sony announced on their store website that they'll be running the "Get $15 credit for spending $100" promo. It will run from October 1st through October 28th. While it's not limited to new games, here are some upcoming releases in North America in that time frame to spend the money on:
- DriveClub (PS4) - October 7th
- NBA 2K15 (PS4, PS3) - October 7th
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PS3) - October 14th
- Peggle 2 (PS4) - October 14th
- Raven's Cry (PS4, PS3) - October 14th
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition (PS4) - October 14th
- The Evil Within (PS4, PS3) - October 14th
- Samurai Warriors 4 (PS4, PS3, Vita) - October 21st
- Shadow Warrior (PS4) - October 21st
- The Legend of Korra (PS4, PS3) - October 21st
- Just Dance 2015 (PS4, PS3) - October 21st
However, there are two problems with the promo. First, it's too bad that Sony actually had a better promo in the past: in a previous promo event, you could spend $50 and get $10 worth of credit. Secondly, a NeoGAF forum post suggests that the promo is both not stackable with other offers and it's only valid one time per subscription. That means players wanting to spend $200 won't get $30 back, $300 won't get $45 back, etc.
Still, it's hard to turn down free money for gamers that were planning to spend some cash anyways, especially toward some new games. Will you be taking advantage of the offer?