Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is Finally Upon Us
The time for Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor is finally upon us. Releasing tomorrow, September 30th on PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PS4 thanks to Monolith Studios and Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. This Lord of the Rings Universe is one fans have been eagerly waiting for and critics are praising.
So, hopefully you’ve pre-ordered this baby from GameStop and may have grabbed the bonus “The Captain of the Watch” skin and “The Hidden Blade” Rune? Perhaps on Steam for “The Orc Slayer” Rune then? Either way, we’re in for a good time.
Tune in here to GameSkinny as I'll be taking on this latest game and providing guides here.
The Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor Season Pass is priced at $24.99. With it includes:
- Guardians of the Flaming Eye Orc Warband Mission: Face Sauron's elite Defenders before the Black Gate and earn the Rising Flame rune
- Lord of the Hunt Story Mission: Players will gain new skills and earn unique epic runes as they hunt and tame legendary monsters of Mordor
- The Bright Lord Story Mission: Play as Celebrimbor, the great Elven king of the Second Age, and face Sauron and the might of his forces
- Early access to the Trials of War:
- Test of Speed Challenge Mode: You can demonstrate your efficiency in battle and earn high scores for Talion's speed in defeating your foes
- Test of Wisdom Challenge Mode: You can prove your strategic abilities, through earning points for skill, speed and efficiency
- Endless Challenge Mode: This mode will continually spawn new legions of enemies. The Runes that you will earn will provide powerful upgrades
- Access to future content: Including runes, skins and additional add-on content
In Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor, you play as Talion, a ranger of Gondor responsible for guarding the Black Gate of Mordor. His family is killed by Sauron’s armies. Talion is revived with “wraith-like abilities” and heads into Mordor for revenge. Mordor is not yet a barren wasteland in this story. You encounter Gollum and discover that you have a lot in common. Talion discovers that the wraith who revived him is Celebrimbor, the greatest Elven Smith Master of the Second Age and the Maker of the Rings of Power, who also seeks revenge against Sauron.
Set between the events of The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, the game is an open-world action RPG. You have the freedom to pursue side quests and roam the world around you. Create new characters and customize Talion as he starts his journey throughout Middle-earth by using a new system called The Nemesis System. It remembers your interactions with specific types of characters encountered in the game and adjusts the manner in which these characters will react to you throughout. Enemies will also develop as Talion interacts with them.
You'll have the option to level up the abilities of Talion as both a ranger and a wraith. Ranger abilities allow Talion to move silently through environments without attracting attention. Wraith abilities allow Talion to impose his will on enemies, have them gather information for him, spread tales of Talion among enemies to decrease their morale, or assassinate their leaders.
Get your Middle-earth thirst quenched starting tomorrow!