You asked, Bungie listened: Destiny Exotic Hand Cannon Patch
If you've played any Crucible match in Destiny, then you may have encountered the infamous exotic hand cannon trio that lurks in everyones inventory as of late. Thorn, Hawkmoon and The Last Word used to be rare gems in Destiny and rather hard to come by. Obtaining just one of the three were serious goals when playing online. But now, they're just a nuisance that is not only killing countless Guardians but the vibe of PvP as well.
These hand cannons are not only exotic, but seem to be supernatural as well. Being sniped by the Hawkmoon from across the map is not only unfair, but super irritating. Don't even get me on how frustrating Thorn's OP poison feature is. Those deaths still burn. The community has been buzzing about how these guns need to be nerfed, and Bungie is coming in clutch with an upcoming patch.
The Destiny Weapon Tuning 2.0 covers everything from base weapons to exotics. You can read more about those here. As for the daunting trio, here's what's about to change:
The Last Word, infamously known for its over-expansive range
- The range of this primary is getting slashed in half, going from 20 to 10
- When firing from the hip, you'll get an increased accuracy and precision damage aim scale
- The bugs from Hipfire have been addressed
Hawkmoon, a lucky sharpshooter that can take on a sniper with it's one hit kill
- There's now a stack limit to Luck in the Chamber and Holding Aces making it so that only 2 of the bonus perks will be available per round.
- 2 rounds are added to the magazine with Holding Aces unlocked
- Luck in the Chamber damage bonus is reduced by 3%
Thorn, a poisonous primary that not only stings, but
- Base damage of Mark of the Devourer's damage over time will be 1/3 of what it was
- Damage over time will stack up 5x across multiple landed projectiles which will reduce the lethality
Ah, that's more like it. Bungie has always supported its community and looked out for it, which is why I'm not surprised this patch is being done. I love that they take their community seriously and do their best to make everyone happy. The community has been enraged over the hand cannon trio for awhile now, and Bungie is taking action in all the right ways. The patch will be effective when the Taken King is released on, September 15.
Until then Guardian, goodluck with The Unholy Trinity, you got this!