Pikachu is on Park Place in Monopoly: Pokemon Johto Edition
If you're a Pokemon fan, here's your chance to catch 'em all as you monopolize the Johto Region. Hasbro recently released Monopoly: Pokemon Johto Edition just in time for you to play with family and friends over the holidays. As a Pokemon trainer, it's your duty to collect Gym Leader Pokemon and create the very best team to win the game. It's the Monopoly we all love with a Pokemon spin.
The rules of the classic Monopoly still apply with a few, key differences:
- Property types include Pokemon, Poke Balls and Raikou & Suicune
- Instead of houses and hotels, you can build Poke Marts and Pokemon Centers when you own all the Pokemon in a color group
- Professor Elm cards have replaced Community Chest cards, and Trainer Battle Cards have replaced Chance cards
- Poke, Great, Ultra and Master Balls have replaced the traditional railroad spaces
- We all know that Monopoly can go on for days, so take advantage of the Speed Play guidelines for a quick 60 - 90 minute game.
The game is suitable for 2 - 6 players ages 8 and up and available for purchase on Amazon. If you want to conquer a different region, be sure to check out the Kanto Edition with more of your favorite Pokemon.