F1 2016: Compatible Racing Wheels Confirmed
When it comes to racing games, some players want to truly feel like they're in the driver's seat, and a compatible steering wheel is the perfect way of doing that. With F1 2016, the latest title to be based off of the Formula One season, just around the corner, fans are naturally curious as to whether it will support said peripherals. And now we have an answer. Yes, for you... probably.
Developer Codemasters has released a list detailing all of the officially supported controllers and peripherals for all three versions of the title - PS4, Xbox One and PC.
- Fanatec ClubSportWheel v1 Thrustmaster Ferrari GT F430 Wireless Cockpit
- Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 (F1 rim) Thrustmaster RGT Force Feedback Clutch Edition
- Fanatec CSR Elite Thrustmaster T100
- Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera Thrustmaster T150
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim
- Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS2 Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim
- Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Thrustmaster T300 – PS rim
- Logitech Driving Force GT Thrustmaster T300 – TM Leather 28 GT
- Logitech Driving Force Pro Thrustmaster T500 – F1 rim
- Logitech Formula Force EX/RX Thrustmaster T500 – Ferrari GTE rim
- Logitech G25 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster T500 – GT rim
- Logitech G27 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster T500 – TM Leather 28 GT
- Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster TMX
- Logitech G920 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster TX – F1 rim
- Logitech MOMO Racing Force (Racing) Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari 458 rim
- SimXperience Accuforce Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
- Thrustmaster Ferrari 430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel Thrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT
- Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Thrustmaster Universal Challenge 5-in-1 Racing Wheel
- Xbox 360 Controller Xbox One Controller
Please note that controllers not on the official supported list should also work, as long as a custom control scheme is created.
- Fanatec ClubSportWheel v2 with wheel rim Thrustmaster TMX
- Hori Racing Wheel Controller Xbox One Thrustmaster TX – F1 rim
- Logitech G920 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari 458 rim
- MadCatz Pro Racing Thrustmaster TX – Ferrari GTE rim
- Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 Spider Racing Thrustmaster TX – TM Leather 28 GT
- Xbox One Controller
- Hori Racing Wheel Thrustmaster T300 – TM Leather 28 GT
- Logitech G29 Racing Wheel Thrustmaster T500 – F1 rim
- Thrustmaster T100 Thrustmaster T500 – Ferrari GTE rim
- Thrustmaster T150 Thrustmaster T500 – GT rim
- Thrustmaster T300 – F1 rim Thrustmaster T500 – TM Leather 28 GT
- Thrustmaster T300 – Ferrari GTE rim Thrustmaster T80
- Thrustmaster T300 – PS rim PS4 Controller
You, as well as some fans, may have noticed a distinct lack of Fanatec controllers for the PS4 version; Fanatec being one of the foremost steering wheel manufacturers. Codemasters released an official statement on the matter:
"Codemasters will continue to support officially approved peripherals for PlayStation 4 in F1 2016. We appreciate that this is far from an ideal situation and as always we are making every effort we can to support our community. Sadly this matter is out of our hands, but we will continue our dialogue with both Sony and Fanatec to try to find a solution."
F1 2016 will launch on 19th August and feature a revised career mode that consists of ten full seasons as opposed to five, as well as many other changes.