Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition is now for PC
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition is officially coming to PC, November 5th. Nordic Games has attached a 3-tiered loyalty payment program for its players who've already purchased the game, both boxed and digitally.
Darksiders II Deathinitive Edition isn't just a pack of DLC to add more hours of gameplay. It's been improved, reworked, and fine-tuned, and it comes with all DLCs integrated into the game already.
The game will be available at three different prices during its release week. What tier a player falls into will decides what they pay for the game, if anything.
Tier 1: If you've purchased the Darksiders 2 franchise pack either from Steam or with a Steam key before November 5th, then you get the Deathinitive Edition free. That means on November 5th the game will automatically show up in your Steam library!
Tier 2: If you own the original Darksiders 2 game through Steam before November 5th, you'll receive a code for 80% off the Deathinitive Edition for the first week of its release.
Tier 3: And for everyone else who doesn't own the game at all, there is a 20% off promo running for the edition's first week.
More info about the 3-tiered system can be found on the Steam forum here.
But the deal isn't just exclusive to Steam. Players who own the game on gog.com can access all the same deals, and can see their specific information here.
Darksiders II Deathinitve Edition features include:
- Darksiders II with all DLC included and integrated into the game, offering a total playtime of more than 30 hours.
- Improved Graphic Render Engine for higher visual quality especially in terms of lighting and shadows, optimised for PC.
- Improved and reworked level, character and environment graphics.
- Running in native 1080p resolution.
- Reworked and tuned game balancing and loot distribution.
The Deathinitive Edition looks like a step up from the original release of the game and worth the deal.