Returnal Update 1.3.7 Patch Notes Detail Latest Fixes
Housemarque's roguelike bullet-hell shooter Returnal released on PlayStation 5 on April 30, and the developer has been hard at work issuing updates and patches for various fixes since. Update 1.3.7 is poised to push Returnal into a new cycle on May 20 with a few small tweaks.
The Returnal 1.3.7 update will be an automatic one that goes live at 10 a.m. EST. Be sure to finish up any runs before that time, as Returnal will close to download and install the update. Because of Returnal's save system, that means most progress on current runs will be lost.
So what does the Returnal 1.3.7 update fix? Here are the patch notes per Housemarque:
• Fixed an issue with Deceased Scouts not appearing as often as intended.
• After having one of their Deceased Scout corpses scavenged, players will no longer receive a negative-effect parasite on startup.
• Fixed an issue where the Ophion boss might disappear after a player uses the Reconstructor during the fight.
• Fixed a rare audio bug causing loud noises during combat.
• Fixed a small number of issues where players might become stuck in various rooms.
• Fixed several issues where the player might encounter a black screen during the credits or whilst playing.
• Multiple fixes for rare crashes during gameplay.
Update 1.3.6 released back on May 8 and fixed pre order suits from locking players out of certain areas, as well as a few stability issues and healing problems.
This latest patch likely isn't the last one for Returnal; that's just the nature of development. Returnal is, for the most part, a very stable game. Will future updates add a more forgiving save system or nerf those damnable drones in the Derelict Citadel? Only time will tell. Stay tuned.