The Palworld community has been ablaze with discussion over cheaters in public servers. One such exploit allows ill-intended players to delete Palboxes. February 7’s patch aims to fight the cheating problem in Palworld, along with a passive increase to Pal capture rates.
The Complete Palworld Update Patch Notes for v0.1.4.1 and v0.1.1.4
Both the v0.1.4.1 and v0.1.1.4 patches are live on Steam and Game Pass/Xbox. If you’re as tired of the griefing on public servers as I am, the biggest change in this patch comes in the “countermeasures” meant to combat certain cheats and exploits. Even better is a slightly hidden increase to capture power.
One point in the Palworld patch notes mentions that a bug with Lifmunk Effigies’ “displayed capture probability” increased, but “the capture probability did not actually increase … due to an internal processing bug.” This means we haven’t seen accurate capture rate percentages after our first Lifmunk Effigy turn-in. Pals should be at least a little easier to catch once you update your game.
Major Fixes in Palworld Patches v0.1.4.1 and v0.1.1.4
- Fixed an issue where the game would always crash and save data would be corrupted when the total number of Pals captured by the guild reached approximately 7,000.
- In the previous patch, save data that had already been in this state (for servers, the server’s world data) remained in a broken state that made it impossible to load, but after applying this patch, it will be resolved and will load properly.
- Fixed an issue where some weapons equipped by other players would disappear when a player used a grenade in multiplayer.
- Fixed an issue where, although the displayed capture probability increased when the capture power was strengthened with Lifmunk Effigies, the capture probability did not actually increase at all, due to an internal processing bug.
- Fixed an issue where if a Pal that was manually assigned to a breeding farm went to sleep, it would not wake up forever.
- Fixed an issue where no wood would drop when Pal at the base felled a tree.
- Implemented countermeasures against some cheats and exploits.
Pocketpair is clearly hard at work fixing the issues Palworld has had since its Early Access launch. They’ve been tackling the most important ones first, and that’s a very good sign. Hopefully, we won’t see a prolonged content drought after this series of fixes.