Axiom Verge 2 is out now on PC, PlayStation 4, PS5, and Nintendo Switch for $19.99, following a shadow drop during Nintendo’s August Indie World presentation.
Axiom Verge 2 boasts a larger map and several new features, including drones, enemy hacking, and a built-in speedrun mode.
Here’s how Happ describes it (thanks, Gematsu):
- Expansive non-linear exploration of a huge interconnected map.
- Hack any enemy with unique and interesting consequences for each.
- Launch a remote drone with its own separate abilities and behaviors.
- Speedrun Mode — play with a streamlined interface and additional features to facilitate speedrunning.
- Plus one other major feature players will be excited to discover on their own
Despite being a numbered sequel, Axiom Verge 2 is a standalone experience you can play whether you’ve finished the original or never even heard of it — although the original is certainly worth giving a try if you haven’t.