People who are interested in Battlefield 1 will not have the option to play as Russia or France in multiplayer. However, EA is offering players a chance to add them to the game, but only if they pay a little extra. And by “a little”, they actually mean fifty bucks. The reason? Players will be required to purchase the Premium Pass containing a variety of additional content that will (hopefully) make the experience worth the money.
The Premium Pass will offer players sixteen multiplayer maps, twenty new weapons, vehicles, skins, and elite classes, as well as several Battlepacks. Here is everything the fifty dollar premium pass will grant players:
- Two-week early access to each expansion pack
- The ability to play as new armies including France in Battlefield 1 They Shall Not Pass DLC, and the Russian Empire in an upcoming expansion pack
- 16 new multiplayer maps
- New Operations and game modes for more ways to play
- New Elite classes
- 20 new weapons
- New vehicles
- 14 Battlefield 1 Battlepacks containing stand-out weapon skins, delivered monthly from November 2016
- 14 unique dog tags distributed over the course of the Battlefield 1 Premium Pass period
Sounds cool, right? Once again, the only catch is that it’s fifty bucks. That’s only ten dollars short of the actual cost of a newly released game and this is only for extras. Still, it’s still ultimately up to players if they want to spend their money on a few extra perks.
They Shall Not Pass is an expansion that will be released in March and is a part of the pass. Players may get turned on by this, but it’s still more money. On the bright side, it’s still a few months away, so they have time to think about it. It’s always good to have a choice.