This year has been full of surprises, but we’d hazard a guess that a BloodRayne revival probably wasn’t on your checklist. Having acquired the series’ rights back in August, Ziggurat Interactive confirmed today that BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 will receive updated editions on November 20.
A series of third-person vampire-themed action games, BloodRayne and BloodRayne 2 released in the early 2000s for PC, PlayStation 2, and Xbox. These enhanced versions, called “Terminal Cuts,” will bring a number of improvements (listed below) to each title.
They will launch on Steam and GOG.com, and current owners of both BloodRayne games will receive these enhanced editions for free.
According to Ziggurat Interactive, quite a few updates are coming to each title, including:
- Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K/3840×2160)
- Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
- Upscaled cinematic videos
- Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
- Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
- Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures
Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows
- Optimized for Windows 10
- Localizations include:
- BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
- BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
Speaking further about the release of the enhanced edition, Ziggurat Interactive’s President Wade Rosen said:
The response was tremendous when we announced that we had taken over stewardship of the BloodRayne series. Fans have been asking what’s next for the series, and now we’re excited to show off the great work that’s been done by Terminal Reality on the first two titles.
Whether this leads to the development of any new entries in the BloodRayne series remains to be seen. The last installment in the franchise, BloodRayne: Betrayal, released in 2011 on PC, PlayStation 3, and Xbox 360. A 2D side-scroller, it was a departure for the series that garnered mixed reviews.
Stay tuned to GameSkinny as we learn more about the series.