Activision has officially announced the Devastation DLC coming to Xbox 360 and Xbox One on April 3rd for Call of Duty: Ghosts. A brand new SMG/Assault Rifle weapon was shown off, dubbed the Ripper. Season Pass owners can get their hands on the new weapon today on Microsoft consoles, everyone else must wait until the official DLC release.
Devastation is the second expansion for Call of Duty: Ghosts, the latest first-person shooter from Infinity Ward. The expansion features the new hybrid “Ripper” weapon and four new multiplayer maps. Official launch is set for April 3rd on Xbox 360 and Xbox One, which always receive Call of Duty content early.
Devastation is included in the $50 DLC Season Pass, but can also be purchased as a standalone pack for $15. Onslaught, the first DLC pack, launched in January and is available on all platforms.
New Multiplayer Maps:
- Ruins – Located on a Mexican peninsula and set on a mountaintop Mayan temple. Completing a Field Order will allow you to trigger the map’s volcano to erupt.
- Collision – Set atop a container ship in New York, this small map is best suited for run-and-gun tactics, Activision says.
- Behemoth – This map takes place aboard a massive excavation platform in South America. Long sight lines will benefit snipers, while interior control rooms will require quick reflexes, according to Activision.
- Unearthed – A reimagined version of Dome from Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3. This compact map features a secret alien weapon that you can use if you unlock a special Field Order.
- Ripper – Described as a 2-in-1 SMG/Assault Rifle, this hybrid weapon can be used on all Call of Duty: Ghosts multiplayer maps. It can switch from an SMG to an Assault Rifle on the fly. Season Pass owners on Xbox 360 and Xbox One can get the gun today.
- Episode 2: Mayday – During this chapter of the story, players will board a “mysterious Chinese research vessel” in the Tasman Sea and uncover a “much deeper conspiracy” as they seek out Captain Archer. Using a new form of the Venom-X weapon, players will battle a new alien species called the “Seeder.” You’ll also battle a 100-foot tall enemy known as the “Kraken.”
Activision also teased another “epic, action film character” to be featured in the Devastation content, though they did not give any specifics. Onslaught featured Halloween’s Michael Myers in the multiplayer mode.
Call of Duty: Ghosts will be available to try for free this weekend on Xbox 360 and Xbox One via a multiplayer demo, this runs March 7-10. This is the first time Activision has released a multiplayer demo for any Call of Duty in history.