To celebrate the 10-year-anniversary of the classic action RPG Titan Quest, THQ Nordic (previously Nordic Games) shocked everyone with a surprise announcement and release of Titan Quest Anniversary Edition.
As well as bundling both Titan Quest and its expansion Immortal Throne, this release includes a number of updates to bring the game more in line with modern releases. These include but are not limited to:
- Updated and restored multiplayer functionality
- Complete rebalancing of the game
- Additional bosses and encounters
- Increased challenges for larger parties and higher difficulties
- A large array of bug fixes
- Steam support including achievements, trading cards, and Workshop integration
Most notable about the release, however, is that it has been provided completely free to all owners of Steam copies of any version of Titan Quest. Those eligible should find it already added to their libraries.
For those who don’t already possess the game, a sale is running until September 8 for 75% off. In addition, Titan Quest Anniversary Edition is available on GOG.com, a first for the series, and is also on sale.
To read up on the full announcement, as well as THQ Nordic’s rationale for this surprise release, check the official statement here.