Extraction dungeon crawler Dark and Darker received a hotfix to address some issues with the most recent patch, including technical issues and some balancing changes. The list of contents is much shorter than Patch #1, but still pretty impactful. Rogue and Bard players in particular will be glad to see some buffs. Let’s get into the Dark and Darker patch notes for September 28.
Dark and Darker Patch Notes — Hotfix #14 Details
- Fixed a rollback issue where players would revert to a previous state when exiting a dungeon.
- Fixed Occultist Boots movement speed.
- Fixed an issue where Curse of Pain’s instant damage would not occur when the Warlock uses Curse Mastery.
- Fixed an issue where Power of Sacrifice could not deal damage when the Warlock uses Curse Mastery.
- Lantern/Torch additional movement speed has been adjusted to 0.
- Lanterns can now appear with random modifiers at the higher rarities.
- Damage for all daggers has been slightly increased.
- Rogue’s Trap Detection range has been increased from 400 → 450.
- Rogue’s Jokester range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Rogue’s Ambush physical damage bonus changed from 30% → 50%.
- Rogue’s Weak Point attack armor rating reduction has been changed from 25% → 30%, and the duration has been changed from 3s → 4s.
- Ranger’s Chase range has been increased from 400 → 450.
- Bard’s Warsong range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Bard’s Story Teller range has been increased from 350 → 450.
- Jack-O-Lantern has returned.
- Regular merchants no longer sell Epic items.
- The random modifier properties that appear on the colored rarity items have been reverted to give the much larger value range and larger variety including the +all attributes from before the previous patch. This means that checking the rolls for your items means just as much or more than just the color grade of the item.
- Sub-bosses and Special Chests such as the Lion’s Head, Golden Chests, Marvelous, and Royal Coffins will always give colored grade loot now.
- Soulreaper name changed to Soulscraper.
What’s missing from the Patch #1:
- The volume of footsteps that occur when walking crouched has been slightly reduced.
- Barbarian’s Ironwill now ignores knockback.
Those are the patch notes for Dark and Darker Hotfix #14. Thankfully no wipe this time, hopefully there won’t be another for a long time to come. Check out our library of Dark and Darker guides here on GameSkinny.