The Diablo 4 Update 1.2.0. patch notes are out. The update was discussed during the latest Campfire Chat with Associate Director of Community Adam Fletcher, Lead Balance Designer Adam Jackson, and Associate Game Designer Charles Dunn. The tweaks here are big, and they’re going live on October 17 for all platforms. Included are numerous changes to classes, the battle pass system, and general gameplay. New unique items and legendary aspects will be added, too. Here are the details.
Update 1.2.0 Patch Notes for Diablo 4
Season of Blood, the second season for D4, begins with this patch. This means new unique items and legendary aspects specific to the theme will be released.
There’s only one item that can be used by every class, while the rest are class specific.
- Tassets of the Dawning Sky: When you take damage from a Non-Physical damage type, you gain +6-10% Maximum Resistance to that damage type for 6 seconds. This effect can only apply to one damage type at a time.
- Unique Pants
- Tuskhelm of Joritz The Mighty: When you gain Berserking while already Berserk, you have a 40-60% chance to become more enraged granting 15% (multiplicative damage) [x] increased damage, 2 Fury per second, and 10% Cooldown Reduction.
- Barbarian Unique Helm
- Dolmen Stone: Casting Boulder while Hurricane is active will cause your boulders to rotate around you.
- Druid Unique Amulet
- Blood Moon Breeches: Your Minions have a 3-7% chance to curse enemies. Enemies affected by at least 1 of your curses take 70% [x] (multiplicative damage) increased Overpower damage from you.
- Necromancer Unique Pants
- Scoundrel’s Leathers: While you have unlimited Energy from Inner Sight, your Core Skills have a 60-80% chance to spawn Caltrops, Poison Trap, or Death Trap.
- Rogue Unique Chest
- Blue Rose: Lucky Hit — Damaging an enemy has up to a 30% chance of forming an exploding Ice Spike, dealing 0.25-0.35 Cold damage. Triple this chance if the enemy is Frozen.
- Sorcerer Unique Ring
- Aspect of Slaughter: You gain 20% Movement Speed. Lose this bonus for 2.5-5 seconds after taking damage.
- Mobility Aspect found on Boots and Amulets
- Aspect of Elements:
- Gain 20-30% (additive damage) [+] increased damage to a set of damage types for 7 seconds. This effect alternates between 2 sets:
- Fire, Lightning, and Physical.
- Cold, Poison, and Shadow.
- Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
- Wanton Rupture Aspect: Your Rupture does not remove the Bleeding damage from enemies. This can occur once every 30-40 seconds.
- Barbarian Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
- Raw Might Aspect: After you hit 15 enemies with your Werebear Skills, your next Werebear Skill will deal 30-50% (multiplicative damage) [x] more damage and Stun enemies for 2 seconds.
- Druid Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
- Aspect of Artful Initiative: When you spend 100 Energy you release a cluster of exploding Stun Grenades that deal 0.2-0.3 total Physical damage and Stun enemies for 0.5 seconds. Your Grenade Skills deal 15% [x] more damage.
- Rogue Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
- Aspect of the Long Shadow: Lucky Hit — Your Shadow Damage Over Time effects have a 10-30% chance to generate 3 Essence. Damage from your Shadowblight Key Passive will always generate 2 Essence.
- Necromancer Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
- Battle Caster’s Aspect: Lucky Hit — When your Conjuration Skills hit you have up to a 30-40% chance to gain +1 Rank to your Conjuration skills for 12 seconds. This can stack up to 3 times.
- Sorcerer Offensive Aspect found on Amulets, Gloves, Rings, and Weapons.
Gameplay Updates and Balance Changes
Along with the new content, there are a plethora of changes being made this patch. The UI and general accessibility options have been updated and streamlined.
- Stash can be searched or filtered
- Items can be favorited
- Streamer Mode is now a feature
- Higher contract icons can be found in the Accessibility Options menu
- Audio Cues added when near travel points, such as a ladder or bridge area
Updates to items include:
- Gems no longer dropping from regular sources
- Drop chance for the Scroll of Escape has been reduced to 0.025%
- Sacred and Ancestral items no longer require Fiend Roses and Forgotten Souls to be upgraded
- The rate of Forgotten Souls gained from Salvaging has been adjusted
- Gold drop rates have increased in Worlds 3 and 4
Along with the above changes, other updates include:
- Teleporting to a Nightmare Dungeon now places you inside the dungeon
- Season of Blood Nightmare Dungeon monsters will spawn sooner to the entrance of the dungeon
- The downtime between Legion Events has been reduced to 25 minutes and will include a Whisper objective
- World Boss waits have been drastically reduced to 3 and a half hours
- Silent Chests can spawn in Helltides
- Mounts are less likely to get stuck or randomly slow down
- Purveyors of Curiosities shops have been moved closer to the Waypoint in:
- Ked Bardu
- Experience for completing Whispers has been increased
- All Renown rewards persist between Seasons and new characters
There are many more changes and balance tweaks that will be made. Additionally, there are planned bug fixes that will impact all areas of the game. For the full list, check out the official patch notes for update 1.2.0.
Those are the patch notes for Diablo 4’s update 1.2.0. This launches Season of the Blood, with update 1.2.1 to follow soon after. For more on D4, such as class builds, where to find the best Helltide chests, and more, check out our guides hub.