The registration is now open for Gamers for Giving. What’s better than a competitive gaming tournament that gives to charity? Nothing. And if you answered that something was better than that, you should be ashamed of yourself. Shame on you.
What is Gamers for Giving?
It is an awesome LAN party and so much more. Gamers for Giving helps generate awareness and resources for Gamers Outreach. Various sponsors help cover the overhead so that the funds can go towards things like portable gaming carts for children’s hospitals and video game care packages for troops overseas. The goal is to raise $20,000 to kickoff the Gamers Outreach 2014 charity program. A noble case, no matter how you slice it.
Where does it take place? The Grand Ballroom of Eastern Michigan University’s Student Center during the weekend of February 8th & 9th, 2014. Now, what are the offering and what are the prices?
- BYOC (Bring Your Own Computer) LAN Seat: $25 Online or $35 at the Door
- Halo 4 Team Pass: $100 Online or $140 at the Door
- COD Ghosts Team Pass: $160 Online or $200 at the Door
- Killer Instinct Pass: $20 Online or $30 at the Door
If you are curious about the LAN party you can read more about it here. It also has a list of essential items to bring to the event along with an important about monitor sizing and ticket requirements. So, what are some of the events at the LAN party?
- League of Legends: Headline Tournament
- StarCraft 2: Headline Tournament
- Counter Strike Global Offensive Tournament & Free Play
For more information on the tournaments, please check out this.
- Battlefield 4 Free Play
- Team Fortress 2 Free Play
- Hardware Benchmarking Contest
- Case Mod Contest
Even if you are not able to make it, like me,the Gamers for Giving homepage has a place to donate and also will be streaming live from the event.