Overwatch’s Competitive Play Mode was released last week and the PC version of the game has received a patch to adjust this mode. It fixes the issue of players wrongly being punished for disconnecting.
Every map except Hollywood has had its Sudden Death duration increased. Every map used to be set at one minute and forty five seconds, but now each map has a specific duration made especially for the map.
Some heroes of Overwatch have also seen some changes. The patch should allow Winston’s Ultimate melee attack to hit more consistently. Zarya’s alternate fire should now scale correctly with her damage boost modifier. Other changes have also been made to Reaper’s Shadow Step and Mercy’s Caduceus Staff.
Additional fixes have been made to incorrect information displayed during Competitive Play, preventing Overtime music from playing, and block of line of sight in the Nepal map.
The full list of changes can be found below:
Sudden Death Duration
- Hanamura- 1:35
- Temple of Anubis – 1:30
- Volskaya Industries – 1:35
- Dorado – 1:30
- Route 66 – 1:35
- Watchpoint – 1:35
- King’s Row – 1:30
- Numbani – 1:50
- Hollywood – 1:45
- fixed bug that prevented Overtime music from playing on Escort and Assault/Escort maps (if payload was nearing final checkpoint)
- fixed bug where display settings weren’t always saved after restarting client
- fixed issue that caused in-game UI to display incorrectly at 4k resolutions
- fixed bug where wrong player level would appear in Social menu
- fixed issue with collision not blocking line of sight in certain areas of Nepal
- fixed bug that caused Mercy’s Caduceus Staff beam to disconnect from target if player either quickly switched between healing and damage beams and/or was facing away from target at time of switch
- fixed bugs that allowed Reaper to Shadow Step to unintended locations on certain maps
- fixed bug that caused Winston’s melee attack during Primal Rage to hit targets in range inconsistently
- fixed bug that caused Zarya’s alternate fire to scale incorrectly with her damage boost modifier
- fixed bug that caused “Top 500” icon to incorrectly display for certain players in various players throughout game UI
- fixed bug that caused players’ Skill Rating to display “64” during placement matches
- fixed issue where if you left and rejoined an in-progress Competitive match, the game would still track match as a loss in your placement match history and when determining the amount of Skill Rating you receive for completing a match even if your team won
- Note: you must be present for conclusion of the match to be eligible for the win. If you leave the match and don’t rejoin before it’s over, it will count as a loss in both your placement match history and when calculating your Skill Rating placement
- fixed issue where you would still receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you rejoined a match and completed it
- Note: if you leave a single Competitive Play match more than 3 times, you will receive a Competitive Play “leave” penalty even if you complete the match
Source Image[Header Image]