Unsheathe your daggers and prepare to carve your legacy into the good graces of the Night Mother. The Elder Scrolls Online: Dark Brotherhood releases today on the PC!
The expansion can be purchased for $20 in the game’s crown store. If you’re an active game subscriber, the expansion pack will come included — for free!
Complete with a look at The Gold Coast, new weapons and armor inspired by the shadow guild, and gameplay and graphic fixes, the expansion will include a heap of features available for both expansion and base-game owners.
Sometimes the best way to deal with an annoyance is permanent removal.
The expansion will feature:
- Access to join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin.
- Entry into The Gold Coast. Explore the region home to the historical cities of Anvil and Kvatch — cities we haven’t seen since Oblivion.
- A new passive skill line. Protect yourself with the shadows. Become the embodiment of death itself. The all-new skill line relates to murdering citizens and becoming the hand of the Void.
- Hours of exciting new story content.
- New repeatable quests. Complete daily bounty missions, contract kills, or the most serious sacrament quests.
- Gain a profit from heinous murders.
- Two new delves. Explore Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea with your friends. Each one features their own distinctive challenges and rewards.
- Two world-boss encounters.
- New gear and rewards inspired by the Dark Brotherhood.
The Dark Brotherhood expansion can be purchased from the in-game store.
For non-expansion owners, Dark Brotherhood will also allow you to take advantage of some of the new nifty features.
Base-game owners will gain access to:
- Two new crafting styles.
- Combat and gameplay improvements.
- Adjustments to Item Traits.
- Craft Bags. These will help you store a nearly unlimited amount of crafting materials.
- Item Locking. No more will you initiate the destruction of your most precious items. The new item lock mechanic will allow you to protect the items most dearest to you.
- Poison-making. For those who want to be especially nasty to their enemies.
- The removal of Veteran Ranks.
With the addition of the Night Mother and her followers, the online world of Tamriel is starting to become whole. Though we’re only missing a few more guilds, the Dark Brotherhood should keep us preoccupied until then.
Unfortunately, if you’re a console owner, you’ll have to wait a few more weeks to get your chance to carve your legacy.
Dark Brotherhood is expected to release June 14 on Xbox One and PlayStation 4.