As of June 7, the latest update for Nintendo Wii U’s Splatoon is now available for download. In addition to bug fixes, version 2.8.0 introduces new weapons and gear, balancing select weapons and gear abilities. It also implements adjustments to stages Arowana Mall, Bluefin Depot, Camp Triggerfish and Piranha Pit. I’ve included the official patch notes below, courtesy of mynintendonews.com:
Weapons and Gear Added
- Eight new weapons have been added and will now appear in the weapon shop.
- Weapons will be available in the weapon shop after viewing the Inkopolis News on 6/8 from 11:00 AM (PT) onward.
- Two new pieces of gear have also been added and will now appear in their respective shops.
Weapon and Gear Ability Balancing
- Adjustments have been made to specifications for certain Main and Sub weapons, and gear abilities.
- Arowana Mall: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
- Bluefin Depot: Fixed an issue that allowed players to move inside certain objects in Rainmaker mode.
- Camp Triggerfish: Adjusted the size of the “Don’t retreat!” warning zone near team starting areas.
- Piranha Pit: Adjustment made to prevent players from taking unintended shortcuts in all modes.
Multiplayer Bug Fixes
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to jump higher than intended when touching an opponent’s Splash Wall.
- Adjustments have been made to make for a more pleasant gaming experience.
For instructions on how to update your version of Splatoon, check out support.nintendo.com.
Splatoon is a colorful and chaotic online third-person action shooter developed exclusively for the Wii U. Compete in four-on-four matches, in which the goal is to get your ink on as many places as possible and claim your turf, all while strategically submerging yourself in your team’s colors and blasting your enemies.