A new Limited Time Mode has just been added to Epic Games’ colossal battle royale, Fortnite, and it is transporting players back to the Wild West.
“Use weapons from frontier times in this Limited Time Mode to earn a Victory Royale!” Epic’s patch notes state.
This restricted set of “frontier” weaponry includes hunting rifles, pump shotguns, double barrel, shotguns, six shooters, and miniguns. Additionally, supply drops can contain epic six shooters as well as legendary double barrel shotguns and miniguns.
Also with this Limited Time Mode comes an exciting new weapon, dynamite. Details are as follows:
- Uncommon rarity, found in stacks of 3.
- Available from floor loot, chests, Vending Machines, Supply Llamas, and Supply Drops.
- 70 damage to players and 800 damage to structures.
- Explosion is in the shape of a flat cylinder (1600 units in diameter and 384 units in height.)
- Initiating a throw will start a 5-second fuse that can’t be canceled.
- Throw range is shorter than standard Grenades.
However, within an hour of the new weapon’s release, reported client crashes have forced Epic to disable dynamite for the time being.
“We’ll update you once we have more information,” a Tweet from the official Fortnite account reads.
Additionally, Content Update 6.30 brings a new weapon to “Save the World,” Fortnite‘s PvE mode.
Available via the Weekly Store (from Wednesday, November 21 at 7 p.m. EDT to Wednesday, November 28 at 7 p.m. EDT) the Ghost Pistol is a “slow firing pistol that shoots ghostly projectiles that pass through walls and enemies.”
Limited Time Modes are a great way to give fans a new way to play their favorite shooter, and this event’s thematic approach is a wonderful implementation. Here’s hoping that Epic can resolve the dynamite issue and get these desperadoes and outlaws back to blowing each other to smithereens in short order.
For full details on today’s update, patch notes are available on Epic Games’ website.