Creative Assembly has announced that Total War: ROME II will be getting its Empire Divided expansion on Steam. Describing the expansion, the developers have said:
“It is the crisis of the third century. A string of inept emperors and usurpers vying for power have torn the Roman Empire into three factions, and with barbarians and Eastern Empires ready to exploit the chaos, it’s do-or-die time.”
On release, Empire Divided will feature a host of new content to give a new lease on life to ROME II; including 10 different playable factions, new victory conditions and new campaign features such as plagues, cults and banditry. Empire Divided also puts a heavy focus on telling the stories of the characters and powers involved in this rich and fascinating period.
Some of the key features include:
- A new grand-scale Campaign Pack for Total War: ROME II
- Plunges players into the crisis of the third century, a critical turning-point for Rome
- Play as one of ten different factions across five cultural groups
- New Heroic Factions with elaborate victory conditions, famous leaders and crafted event-chains
- New period-specific events, dilemmas and missions
- New Campaign features: Plagues, Cults and Banditry
- Restructured technologies and unique new buildings
Also joining Empire Divided on November 30 is the free Power & Politics patch update. This update overhauls ROME II’s political system to create a more subtle and intriguing experience with farther-reaching consequences.