Rocket League Gets A New Game Mode, Octagon Arena And More!
Scheduled for release next month, Rocket League is set to receive an insane brand new game mode and arena. These will be available for all owners of the game completely FREE of charge, however, no official release date has been announced.
The developer, Psyonix, has described the new mode as:
“An epic battle royale-style addition that comes stacked with randomized power-ups. Whether you’re equipped with the Haymaker (which punches the ball), the Swapper (which changes your place on the field with an opponent’s), or the Tornado (you’ll just have to see it to believe it), each one of the 11 new power-ups brings an extra dimension to the classic Rocket League formula.”
The new game mode, Rumble, will add more fun and wacky twists to Rocket League's gameplay with Giant Boots to kick away your opponent’s car, a Grappling Hook to pull you towards the ball, and even Spikes that allow you to attach the ball to your car.
Take a look at the 11 new ridiculous power-ups that will be available within the new game mode.
- The Boot (Kicks an opponent’s car)
- Disruptor (Forces the opponent to drive uncontrollably)
- Freezer (Freezes the ball in-place)
- Grappling Hook (Pulls you towards the ball)
- Haymaker (Punches the ball)
- Magnetizer (Attracts the ball to your car)
- Plunger (Grabs the ball via plunger and cord)
- Power Hitter (Hit everything harder)
- Spike (Attach the ball to your car when you bump into it)
- Swapper (Change positions on the field with your opponent)
- Tornado (Sweep up the ball and cars into a giant funnel cloud)
Like previous game modes such as Hoops and Mutators, Rocket League Rumble will appear in Online playlists, along with Private and Exhibition matches.
Along with next month’s upcoming update, Rocket League will receive a brand new VR-themed arena that is dubbed the “Octagon” which will be available for both Online and Offline Exhibition play.
Also coming will be two more variants of the classic traditional fields, “Urban Central (Dawn)” and “DFH Stadium (Stormy)”. These, like always, will be available for both Online and Offline play in Exhibition and Private matches, along with Ranked Playlists.
Watch the trailer below to see the brand new insane power-ups that will be making their way into the game this September!
<iframe src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7iz-dQifR7Q" width="640" height="360" allowfullscreen="allowfullscreen" />
What power-up are you most excited to try out? Let us know in the comment section below!