Call of Duty: WW2 Beta Details Announced
Sledgehammer Games has announced the first details about the upcoming Call of Duty: WW2 beta on its website. According to the official announcement, players have a lot that they can look forward to in this test run for the next entry in the CoD series.
Here's the rundown of what's currently been revealed:
- Maps: There will be three maps available to play on -- Ardennes, Gibraltar, and Pointe du Hoc.
- War Mode: Operation Breakout. One team of players has to complete a series of objectives to earn the win, while the opposing team must stop them from doing so.
- Modes: Three classic modes will also be available -- Team Deathmatch, Hardpoint, and Domination.
- Divisions: All five divisions will be available for players to try out during the beta -- Infantry, Expeditionary, Airborne, Armored, and Mountain Division.
- Player Progression: Just like in previous Call of Duty games, all players will start at level one and unlock extra equipment as they level up.
However, Sledgehammer did also state that the following things will not be available in the beta:
- Headquarters: This one of a kind social experience is currently being worked on and tested, so it will not be available. For those who don't know, it's a central hub/social area where players can interact with one another.
- Loot and Supply Drops: The feature itself, as well as its contents, will be unavailable for the duration of the beta.
- eSports: Anything associated with ranked or competitive gameplay will not be in the game until its full launch in November.
- Everything else that the full game will have like other maps, weapons, etc.
The closed beta will kick off for PlayStation 4 users on August 25, with a second beta for Xbox One coming September 1. To access either beta, you will need to pre-order CoD:WW2 for your console of choice. Alternatively, if you subscribe to Comcast's Xfinity internet service, you can request a free code by entering your account number.