Kickstarter spotlight: Goliath
Platform: PC, Mac, and Linux | Release date: Winter 2016 | Developer: Whalebox Studio | Publisher: Viva Media | Game site: http://www.goliath-game.com
If you're a fan of survival games, robots, and multiplayer co-op; than this Kickstarter spotlight is for. In this article we're going to take a look at Goliath, an open-world action/adventure game with RPG elements and the ability to craft giant robots. The game is being developed by Siberian-based Whalebox <iframe style="font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 16px; line-height: 24px; float: right;" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goliathgame/goliath-a-game-about-building-robots-and-punching/widget/card.html?v=2" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="220" height="420" />Studio. The Kickstarter goal is set at $50,000, with $5,018 raised already.
About the game:
Goliath will be an action/adventure set in a world inhabitant by giant-sized monsters. There are several factions that inhabit the world and battle for control of the land. The player is forced to survive by scavenging for researches and building giant sized goliaths to battle these giants.The goliaths will range from wood, metal, stone, or other materials found in the game. Here are some features spotlighted by the developer:
- Build A ‘Bot Factory: Learn how to create dozens of robotic Goliath suits from a variety of materials, including wood, stone, metal and more. Each Goliath can be customized and equipped with a variety of weapons – after players have learned how to craft them, of course.
- Survive A Savage Land: Gather materials to build the tools needed to survive, including healing salves, protective fortresses and more. As players explore the world, they’ll learn more complex recipes for better tools and weapons.
- Choose A Side: The world of Goliath is populated with several factions that vie for control of resources and territory. These factions include humans, the sentient robotic beings The Created, the demon-like Daemonari, and the elusive Forest Folk. Each faction can offer different strategic advantages in unique weapon and robot plans, and players must carefully choose with which factions to align themselves. Players can attempt to broker peace or rally their faction to accelerate the war!
- Procedurally Generate World: Players will explore a unique world with every game, thanks to a procedurally generated world.
- A Living World: Explore rolling prairies, dense forests, eerie swamps, frozen tundras and more, all with a complete day/night cycle and dynamic weather. Weather and terrain will affect how each of the robots performs, so players will need to make sure they have the right machine for the job!
- Co-Op and Competitive Multiplayer: Players can play through Goliath’s campaign with a friend in cooperative gameplay or go head-to-head in arena combat!
Use giant robots to battle giant monsters
About the developer:
Whalebox Studio is in Siberia in 2012. The studio is gathered by developers from all around the region, all working on various award-winning casual titles. The team has goal of creating innovative games for core gamers. In the summer of 2014, they began work on Goliath.
Goliath looks to be a exciting innovative game. If you want to know more about the game or team, check out the Kickstarter details below. Stay tuned for more Kickstarter spotlights in the future.
Kickstarter Goal: $50,000
<iframe style="display: block; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;" src="https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/goliathgame/goliath-a-game-about-building-robots-and-punching/widget/video.html" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" width="480" height="360" />
Link to campaign: http://kck.st/1PvEoUL