Star Traders: Frontiers To Hit Steam Early Access
Star Traders: Frontiers, the upcoming sci-fi RPG from developers Trese Brothers, has been announced for Steam Early Access. With the announcement comes a new trailer, which you can see above.
Describing the premise of Star Traders: Frontiers, Trese Brothers has said:
"You are the captain of a starship venturing through a massive open universe. Customize your crew and take command at the helm of your very own ship as you explore an galaxy torn apart by internal strife, alien threats, and political intrigue."
The RPG is set to have a number of features, including:
- Explore a rich, open universe: Discover endless procedurally-generated galactic maps, meet unique characters, and take on enemies to conquer the galaxy!
- Become an intergalactic captain: Take on the role of a spy, smuggler, explorer, pirate, merchant, bounty hunter, and more (21 jobs total)!
- Customize your own spaceship: Choose from more than 300 upgrades and build your very own vessel to venture across the vast reaches of space.
- Assemble and tailor a loyal crew: Assign talents and equip specialized gear for every spaceship crew member.
- Experience an ever-changing narrative: Decide to make friends or foes with other factions and influence political, economic, and personal vendettas.
In the game, players get to choose their path by assembling and commanding their custom crew and spaceship in a constantly evolving galaxy torn by internal strife, political intrigue, and alien threats. Describing the lore behind the game, Trese Brothers have said:
"First there was the Exodus – when survivors of a great war left the ruins of the Galactic Core behind in search of a new home in the stars. Scattered worlds were claimed on the fringe of the galaxy. Each pocket of survivors held on to an isolated set of worlds while trying to rebuild under the great law of Shalun."
You can find Star Traders: Frontiers' pre-release Steam Early Access page here.