League of Legends Reveals Two New Champions to be Released Together
For the first time in several years, League of Legends is getting two brand new champions at the same time -- Rakan the Charmer and Xayah the Rebel. They are both lovers from the new region of Vastaya.
This release is odd compared to others, since both of these champions can be paired together in games to make 2/5 of a solid team. Rakan the Charmer is a support champion, while Xayah the Rebel is an ADC. Together, they can make a pretty powerful damage/support combo.
Let's take a closer look at both these champions and what they bring to the Rift.
Xayah, the Rebel
Xayah is built to deal a lot of damage pretty quickly. She doesn't have an ammo system like other champions, and also drops feathers that will net extra damage on enemies to compound her punishing kit. Her abilities are as follows:
- Clean Cuts: Mini-Twitch ult that will auto pierce all targets; leaves 1 feather
- Double Daggers: Throws two knives that deals double damage; drops 2 feathers
- Deadly Plumage: Speed boost when striking an enemy.
- Bladecaller: Those dropped feathers deal damage to enemies that pass through them.
- Featherstorm: Flies into the air, rains down daggers and leaves feathers behind
Rakan, the Charmer
Rakan is made to help Xayah as she flies around the rift. His kit is pretty standard for a support, with shields and heals he can provide to his allies. There's also a few damage abilities for those rare occasions when he needs to go on the offensive.
- Fey Feathers: Shield that scales with ability power
- Gleaming Quill: Skillshot that hits a target will heal him and nearby enemies.
- Grand Entrance: Dash through enemies, and deals damage
- Battle Dance: Dash an ally, shielding them during the process.
- Quickness: Movement speed boost and damages enemies after they are charmed by Rakan.
There is no word yet on when these new champions will be available, so be on the lookout here to see when you will be able to play as Rakan and Xayah.
What do you think about the new heroes? Will you try them out or are you going to stick with your main? Let us know in the comments!