Invisible, Inc. Taken Off Early Access; Will Reappear for Official Release
The folks behind Don’t Starve, Klei Entertainment, are officially taking the strategy-stealth game Invisible, Inc. off Steam Early Access. If you jumped on board anytime in the past 8 months, you can still play; if you didn’t, well, tough.
Either way, you’ll only have to wait until May 12 for the final version.
Invisible, Inc.’s core mechanics will stay almost entirely the same; Klei vibed early on from consumers that the fundamentals were working from the get-go. So what’s going to be all-new in the final version? Just a few highlights:
- 2 fully-animated cinematics
- 4 new agents (playable characters)
- Over 1000 new lines of VO
- A “massive balance pass” (making sure nothing’s super OP) on all the items and agents
- Ultimate difficulty mode “Expert Plus”
- Updated Endless mode
- Lots of new music
- A shiny new coat of paint on just about everything (UI, environments, effects, etc.)
- A “daemonic new enemy” (you know, whatever that means)
On launch, look for Invisible, Inc. on PC/Mac/Linux; available through Steam or DRM-free download on Klei Entertainment’s website. Stay tuned for a PlayStation 4 release as well; no word on when just yet.