Pokemon GO Kanto Tour Offers Chance at Catching Shiny Mew
The Pokemon GO Kanto Tour kicks off February 20 at 9 a.m. local time, and Niantic shared a bit more information about the event, including one very special reward.
The Kanto Tour includes a Special Research event built around the original 150 Pokemon and clues about a mysterious Kanto Pokemon that won't be too mysterious if you're familiar with the region. Completing it leads you to a Shiny Ditto, but it also unlocks Kanto's Masterwork Research.
Masterwork Research is a brand-new, intensive research type where finishing just the first step involves getting the Kanto platinum medal. Some of the required tasks include:
- Reach level 40
- Catch 30 Pokemon of each type
- Spin 151 unique PokéStops
- Walk 151 km
Finishing the Kanto Masterwork Research unlocks an encounter with Shiny Mew.
The Kanto Tour's 10 new Collection Challenges aim to re-create the original quest of catching 'em all. In addition to raids, research, and evolution, there's an incense and trade challenge, both of which feature different methods of obtaining version-specific challenges depending on which Kanto Tour ticket players are using. Trading is required to obtain all the event's Pokemon.
The other five challenges are based on five locations from Kanto:
- Pallet Town Challenge
- Pewter City Challenge
- Cerulean City Challenge
- Fuchsia City Challenge
- Pokemon League Challenge
These are all in hourly rotation and feature music inspired by each location. Here's the Kanto Tour rotation schedule (all in local time):
- 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.: Pallet Town
- 10:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.: Pewter City
- 11:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m.: Pokemon League
- 2:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m.: Pallet Town
- 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.: Pewter City
- 4:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.: Cerulean City
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.: Fuchsia City
- 6:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.: Pokemon League
- 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.: Pokemon from all previous hours