Warframe: Plains Of Eidolon To Hit Xbox One, PlayStation 4
Digital Extremes is ready to bring a whole new way of playing to its cooperative online action game, Warframe. With Plains of Eidolon's release hitting PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on Tuesday, November 14, Digital Extremes' new Open Zone design proposes a vast new Landscape packed with exploratory daytime activities and towering night-time battles.
Recently released on PC to a phenomenal reception that saw the game nearly double its player numbers, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One players will get their chance to experience the free to play expansion, Plains of Eidolon, starting November 14.
You can check out the trailer for the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions of the game above. Key features of the expansion include:
- Debut of the Deadly Warrior: Witness the introduction of the 34th Warframe, Gara, who manipulates glass to fracture the resolve of her enemies.
- New Weapons and Reinforcements: Gara wields a new arsenal of powerful weapons, including: Astilla that shoots slugs that explode on impact; Volnus, which deals a large amount of damage and can beat enemies to a pulp; and Fusilai, stealthy glass shurikens pierce through flesh and armor. Reinforcements include Argonak, the Grineer rifle uses an advanced laser sighting system and is deadly in both single fire and automatic modes; Krohkur, a hooked blade that reward critical hits to those skilled enough to strike with finesse, and the Dual Krohkur, which doubles the battlefield butchery.
- Fashionista: Indulge your Fashion Frame sensibilities with the Virago Helmet and Gara's new signature Hyalus Syandana.
- Focus 2.0: Experience the reintroduction of the Operator-Warrior Focus Rework 2.0. This new system changes the Skill Tree to be more combat-focused, enabling you to equip your Operator with distinct Weapons and Armor found deep in the Caves of the Plains.
- And More! Misc updates include the Mag Deluxe Skin, Deluxe Tonfa, and Deluxe Syandana, resource, decoration and weapon collecting and 'Stone Fish' collecting, and more Mods and Stances.
In Plains of Eidolon, players will discover a brand new experience vastly different from the procedurally generated tilesets they've come to know. For the first time in Warframe, players will see exquisitely lit vistas with an ongoing day/night cycle. During the day, Tenno (players' in-game name) will have the freedom to seek missions from colorful vendors in the makeshift colony of Cetus, including as many as 50 other players with which to socialize.
Outside town, solo or in squads of up to four, players can freely explore the Plains. Filled with stunning lush hillsides, busy lakes and rivers inhabited by underwater creatures, and hidden cave systems, the Plains offer mini-games such as spearfishing and mining to gather resources, or engage players in heroic land and air battles -- using the reworked Sky Archwing -- against an ever-belligerent Grineer presence.