Red Dead Redemption Online Has Single-Player Story Missions
Much like GTA Online, Red Dead Online will have what appears to be an overarching narrative running through the mode's various missions and activities.
While we've reached out to Rockstar for more information as we don't yet know if the story missions in RDRO will connect in any way to the game's mainline story, we do have the names and descriptions of several missions via illogical Mods as originally reported by VG24/7:
- Highly Illegal and Highly Immoral: Marshall Davies asked you to meet him near Van Horn. He is on the trail of Alfredo Montez and he wants to finish things.
- Honor Among Horse Thieves: Horley suggested you go to see Clay Davies, a horse thief, to learn the ins and outs of the horse-rustling trade.
- If the Hat Fits…: Horley directed you towards the Blackwater police chief in Pike’s Basin. A conman and outlaw is on the loose. Whether or not justice will be done depends on your Honor.
- Kerosene, Tar, and Greed: Horley thought you should offer your services to Samson Finch near Dewberry Creek. Industry is in his crosshairs. He has a job to do and a score to settle.
- Kill Them, Each and Every One: You were told to meet Horley and Mrs. LeClerk south of Armadillo. The man who killed her husband may be holed up nearby.
- Love and Honor: Horley told you to call on the Tumbleweed Sheriff. A young woman has been taken by a gang of outlaws and her husband is concerned. A moral decision will be required.
Throughout these missions, you'll be working for -- or at least receiving your objectives -- from a man named Horley. You'll also find yourself riding all over the Red Dead Redemption 2 map, from Van Horn to Valentine and beyond.
Morality also appears to be an important factor in these missions, as many will require you to make specific choices that will impact your Honor. And although it hasn't been confirmed, your Honor rank should impact how NPCs react to you in Online's world, as well as what items and buffs you're able to obtain, just like it does in RDR 2.
The leaks from illogical Mods also outlined the various multiplayer modes found in RDRO.
Stay tuned for our impressions on Red Dead Redemption Online in the coming days, as well as guides on the mode's activities and missions. If you're looking for tips on Red Dead Redemption 2, be sure to head over to our RDR 2 game hub.