Shenmue 3 Pre-Order Bonuses Are Full-On Shenmue
Whereas pre-orders for other games might give players early access or unique abilities, Shenmue 3 going a slightly more old-school route with its very on-brand bonuses, even if they are a tad lackluster.
Of course, several retailers, including Amazon, Best Buy, and GameStop, will add a few goodies to the mix so that they stand out from other retailers. However, only Amazon will give players something they can use in-game.
All Shenmue 3 pre-orders get the following items as described by the Shenmue team:
- Snake Power Bottles (x3): Replenish energy during battle
- Playing Tokens (x5,000): For use for in gambling areas
- Toy Capsule Tokens (x24): Exchange for in-game toy capsules
- Blazing Kick Advanced Training Scroll (x1): Unlocks Blazing Kick ability
The following retailers will add one extra item to that list.
- Amazon: Kenpogi Training Wear DLC
- Best Buy: Limited edition steelbook case with portraits and illustrations
- GameStop: Physical Dragon/Phoenix Mirrors from the series
Those who backed Shenmue 3 on Kickstarter will not receive the above items unless they purchase a separate copy of the game.
Earlier this summer, the Shenmue Team revealed that the series' long-awaited third installment will receive post-launch DLC. However, those who backed the game on Kickstarter will not receive the game's season pass as part of their original campaign contribution.
Indeed, both Kickstarter and Slacker Backer supporters will receive bonuses not available to those who did not contribute to the game's crowd-funding campaign.
Shenmue 3 is set to (finally) launch for PC and PS4 on November 19 after a three-month delay. The game will be a 1-year, timed Epic Games Store Exclusive on PC. Although it has not been confirmed if Shenmue 3 will eventually find its way onto other PC storefronts such as Steam, it would not do so until fall 2020 at the earliest.
Of course, many who backed the game on Kickstarter and Slacker Backers are not happy with the news.