Ark: Survival Ascended surprised many returning players with upgraded graphics, but in-game settings don’t help improve the framerate that much. That’s why our guide will provide you with a list of console commands in Ark: Survival Ascended to boost FPS.
Console Commands for Better Performance in Ark: Survival Ascended
Upgraded graphics in Ark: Survival Ascended are very demanding on the hardware, so if you have no desire to buy a new graphics card but still want to squeeze every single frame out of your PC, then I advise using the following console commands for better performance:
- r.Streaming.PoolSize 0 — Enables full GPU memory capacity.
- r.Nanite.MaxPixelsPerEdge 4 — Reduces the number of polygons for Nanite.
- r.Lumen.ScreenProbeGather.RadianceCache.ProbeResolution 16 — Optimizes Lumen Radiance.
- r.Lumen.DiffuseIndirect.Allow 0 — Optimizes Lumen Diffusion.
- r.Lumen.Reflections.Allow 0 — Disables Lumen Reflections.
- r.DynamicGlobalIlluminationMethod 2 — Disables Global Illumination.
- r.DistanceFieldShadowing 0 — Disables distance field shadowing.
- r.VolumetricCloud 0 — Disables 3D clouds.
- r.ShadowQuality 0 — Disables shadows.
- r.Water.SingleLayer.Reflection — Disables water reflections.
- show InstancedGrass — Disables grass and small rocks.
- show InstancedStaticMeshes — Disables distant objects.
- r.VolumetricFog 0 — Disables 3D fog.
- sg.FoliageQuality 0 — Reduces the foliage quality.
- r.ContactShadows 0 — Disables shadows.
- r.Shadow.CSM.MaxCascades 0 — Disables shadow cascades.
- r.MipMapLODBias -2 — Reduces texture resolution.
- r.Shadow.Virtual.Enable 0 — Disables virtual shadows.
- grass.Enable 0 — Disables grass.
If you apply these changes, you’ll immediately experience a boost of at least 50 FPS. But if you find that the graphics are subpar, then I suggest you ignore the “Global Illumination” setting. Although this may lead to losing around 20 FPS, graphics quality will improve drastically.
How to Use Console Commands in Ark: Survival Ascended
If you’ve never used console commands in Ark: Survival Ascended before, then here’s a simple instruction on how to enable them:
- Go to the game’s home screen.
- Select “Settings” menu.
- Go to “Advanced” tab.
- Switch “Console Access” to “ON.”
- Exit the menu and start the game.
- While in the game, press the “~” (tilde) button to open the console.
That’s it for our console commands for better performance in ARK: Survival Ascended. Stay tuned for more ASA tips and tricks articles right here.