Finding yourself unable to connect is more than a little frustrating, and it’s the last thing you want to happen when you’re trying to squad up with friends in competitive games like BattleBit Remastered. If you’ve encountered the “Attempting to Join” error, you’re likely stuck on what to do. Here’s our guide on ways to fix it.
Attempting to Join a Server Fix
There are a multiple ways you can try to remedy the “attempting to join a server” error in BattleBit Remastered. Getting disconnected is the last thing any gamer wants, so thankfully there are some things you can try to get BattleBit Remastered up and running again. Here are some potential solutions I recommend.
- Check the official BattleBit Remastered twitter for server updates.
- Check your Internet Connection, and restart your router if there are issues.
- Check if Steam servers are down via their official twitter or steamstat.us.
- Check for live server updates in the official Discord channel. You can even reach out in general chat to see if anyone else is having issues connecting.
- Restart your game. Sometimes the simplest solutions are the ones that work.
- Restart your Steam Client by exiting it from your Windows Taskbar or Task Manager.
- Make sure BattleBit is updated in the Steam Library.
- Run BattleBit as an Administrator. Right-click the application and select Properties > Compatibility > Run this program as an administrator.
- Verify and repair the game’s Local Files. Head to Steam > Library > Right-click on BattleBit > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Local Files > Restart your PC.
- Grant BattleBit firewall access. Search for the Firewall application in your task bar > Allow an app through the firewall > Check for BattleBit access.
Well, that’s all there is to say about fixing the “attempting to join” error. Hopefully one of the solutions worked for you. While you’re waiting to jump back in, check out our best settings guide to ensure you have smooth gameplay. For more tips and tricks, check out our guides hub here.