The Map Editor is finally available in Update 39 for Bloons TD 6, where you can create your own custom maps and share them online using special map codes. This feature isn’t available to all players, so follow our guide if you want to know how to use the Map Editor in Bloons TD 6, including tips on how to unlock it.
How to Use the Map Editor in Bloons TD 6
How to Unlock Map Editor
New players won’t be able to use the Map Editor, neither creating nor playing other user-generated maps. Here are all the conditions that you must meet before you can unlock the Map Editor:
- At Level 20, you unlock the “Content Browser” menu, which allows you to play user-generated maps.
- At Level 50, you unlock the “Map Editor” with the possibility to create maps of your own after you pay 6,000 monkey money or via IAP.
You can make monkey money by either completing maps of various difficulties or by simply purchasing them for real money in the in-game shop.
How to Create Maps in Map Editor
Once you’ve unlocked the Map Editor, you can access it by following these steps:
- Go to the game’s home screen.
- Select the “Play” menu.
- Select the “Community” menu in the bottom right.
- Go to the “Maps” tab.
- Press “Create” to start making a new map.
The Map Editor provides you with five tools that can be seen on the sidebar, where you can plan out the following features of your new map. I made up a short list of things that I believe every map should have:
- Your map must have at least one entry and one exit point.
- Add up to five paths and nodes going in different directions.
- Add various props, then resize, scale, rotate, and move them.
- Finalize your map with terrain, stamps, and various effects.
- Don’t forget to place land, water, and other blocking areas.
If you feel like you need some inspiration for creating your own map, then here are a few map codes that you can enter into the Map Editor and check out what really good user-generated maps look like:
- ZMYYDOG — a great creative map.
- ZMYWROV — a map that plays with the player’s perspective.
- ZMYARTT — a fun map that imitates default maps.
- ZMYYACX — a map with cool gimmicks.
- ZMYRXOA — a beautiful forest map with the town.
That’s everything you need to know on how to use the Map Editor in Bloons TD 6. Stay tuned for more BTD6 tips and tricks articles right here.