The Yokai Job in Bravely Second is a unique one that uses magic and special abilities. It is the last job you unlock and has a quest to unlock all the abilities. It is an important Job to have, because it lets you get all your Jobs past the level 10 limit and go to level 11. Even if you don’t use the Job, it is worth getting it just for that.
The magic and abilities from the Seven Great Sins definitely make this Job worth your time. If you want help with anything else in Bravely Second, check out my Master Guide List.
This guide will go over everything about Yokai in Bravely Second including:
- Unlocking Yokai – How to unlock the Job.
- Equipment Guide – The optimal equips for this Job.
- Ability List – Each ability and when you get them.
- Cross Job Tips – Which Jobs work well with this one.
- Combat Tips – How to use this in battles.
You unlock Yokai after defeating Yoko in Vampire Castle in Chapter 6. Even though you can unlock the Job by just defeating her, you won’t have access to the magic and abilities of the Job.
Check out my Yokai Quest and Seven Sins Locations for details on getting them.
Yokai has S rank in Katanas and A rank in Rods.
- Use light armor that increases magic attack and defense.
- Equip a shield in your off-hand if you want more defense.
- Accessories that increase INT or MP are useful for magic. STR or Crit is good for physical damage.
- Rods are the best choice if you want to add magic attack, or have a sub job that deals with attack magic.
- Katanas are good if you want physical damage or take advantage of physical abilities.
The specialty for Yokai is Echo.
- Echo – Upon casting a spell, have a 25% chance of casting the same spell a second time with no MP or BP cost.
- Diabolism Lv 1 – Enables the use of level 1 Diabolism: Lust and Thundaja.
- Lust – 50% chance to charm all enemies.
- Thundaja – Powerful lightning-based magic that deals 3.6x damage to all enemies.
- Awakening (Support Skill. Cost: 1) – Raises the max Job level from 10 to 11.
- Once you learn the level 11 Job abilities, you may still use them after Awakening is removed.
- Diabolism Lv 2 – Enables the use of level 2 Diabolism: Gluttony and Acid Breath.
- Gluttony – All allies enter Gluttony state for 6 turns. Damage will recover HP. but exceeding your max HP will kill you.
- Acid Breath – Attack all foes with a physical attack that lowers P.Def and M.Def by 75% for 4 turns if it connects.
- Diabolism Lv 3 – Enables the use of level 3 Diabolism: Avarice and Blizzaja.
- Avarice – Absorb 1 BP from all enemies. Costs 3 BP to use. No effect on bosses and other unique enemies.
- Blizzaja – Powerful water-based magic that deals 3.6x damage to all enemies.
- Diabolism Lv 4 – Enables the use of level 4 Diabolism: Sloth and Firaja.
- Sloth – Cancel support effects and make targets weak to all elements.
- Firaja – Powerful fire-based magic that deals 3.6x damage to all enemies.
- Diabolism Lv 5 – Enables the use of level 5 Diabolism: Wrath and Three Blades.
- Wrath – 75% chance of making all targets go berserk.
- Three Blades – Unleash an attack on all foes that has a 50% chance of doing damage to one-half of the target’s max HP.
- No effect on bosses and other special foes.
- Echo (Support Skill. Cost: 2) – Lets you use the Yokai specialty on other Jobs.
- Diabolism Lv 6 – Enables the use of level 6 Diabolism: Envy and Consume Life.
- Envy – Cancel support effects and lower all targets’ P.Atk, P.Def, M.Atk, and M.Def by 25% each for 4 turns.
- Consume Life – Unleash 4 attacks against random foes, with each successful hit having a 50% chance of killing the target outright.
- Diabolism Lv 7 – Enables the use of level 7 Diabolism: Pride and Aeroja.
- Pride – Cancel support effects and raise your own P.Atk, P.Def, M.Atk, and M.Def by 25% each for 4 turns.
- Aeroja – Powerful wind-based magic that deals 3.6x damage to all enemies.
- Obliterate (Support Skill. Cost: 1) – Cause instant death at the start of battle to targets twenty or more levels lower than yours. All battle rewards will be obtained as usual
- If even a single enemy is defeated by this effect, you can’t do a consecutive battle.
- Diabolism Lv 8 – Enables the use of level 8 Diabolism: Disguise.
- Disguise – Assume the Job of your chosen target, including access to all job commands. You may use Reveal Self at any time to exit this state.
Cross Job Tips
- Wizard is great if you plan on using the job’s magic abilities because of the Spellcraft ability to add effects to magic.
- Time Mage is good for the M.Atk 20% Up support ability.
- Summoner helps with the MP 20% up support ability since the spells cost a lot.
- Ninja is good for the Dual Wield support ability if you plan on doing physical damage.
I find the best way to use Yokai is like a magic Job. They have the strongest fire, water, lightning, and air magic in the game.
Their sin abilities are also useful and the Job could be used just for that.
Sloth is great when you want to make all enemies weak to all elements so you can devastate them with elemental attack.
Envy is good when you want to lower enemy stats, and Pride is good when you want to raise your own.
The best part is that all these abilities also cancel enemy support effects, so you can buff yourself while crippling your enemy at the same time.
You can be very creative with Disguise as well, since it lets you change your Job and access all the abilities of that Job.
That’s all for my guide on the Yokai job in Bravely Second. Let me know if you have any questions!