The Power grind in Destiny 2 has always been one of the game’s most consistent challenges, and if you want to be ready for Raid on day one or just want to spend less time pushing for a higher Power level, getting to the max Power cap fast is paramount. Thankfully, Destiny has many great ways to level fast, and we’re covering the best of them in this guide.
Other Destiny 2 Lightfall coverage:
- How to Unlock the Strand Subclass
- How to Quickly Increase Guardian Ranks
- How to Change the Lightfall Campaign Difficulty
How to Hit the Power Cap Quicker in Destiny 2 Lightfall
The basic leveling structure in Destiny 2 has been relatively unchanged since at least the Shadowkeep expansion. Do every Powerful and Pinnacle reward available on the Director, using Blue gear drops to fill in gaps.
Lightfall follows a similar pattern, but here are our recommendations for leveling as fast as possible to hit the power cap.
Best Ways to Power-Level in Lightfall
- Finish the Legendary Lightfall Campaign. Completing the Legendary campaign automatically awards a full set of 1770 Power gear, a full 20 levels above the soft cap.
- Complete all easy Pinnacle Rewards. That means three Vanguard Ops, Gambit, and Crucible matches a piece. These are only +1 Pinnacles, but they’ll still give you a good Power boost.
- Complete harder Pinnacles. That’s the 200k Nightfall reward, the 250k Dares, Lightfall 100k weekly mission, and the Partition activity on Neomuna.
- Take a Pinnacle break and complete as many Powerful tasks as needed to fill in your gear gaps—vendor challenges, Clan rewards, vendor Reputation engrams, etc.
- Complete endgame Pinnacles. That means Raids and Dungeons. You’ll need a fireteam for these, but you’re guaranteed multiple Pinnacle rewards for finishing them.
- Turn in Prime Engrams as you get them. Primes are randomly dropped Powerful rewards, and they’re a great way to supplement your standard grind.
The whole time you’re grinding, be sure to pick up any Legendary and Blue engram drops and infuse them.
Participate in Terminal Overload, Season of Defiance
Also, continue participating in Terminal Overload, Season of Defiance activities, and other progression sources so you’re always moving toward a goal.
Grab Nimbus’ Reputation
Pick up Nimbus’ Reputation and Season Pass armor as well, as these will be at your highest possible Power and can help fill in additional gaps.
Play Some PvP
Another great way to fill in gaps is by playing Competitive Crucible or even Quick Play. You’ll usually get at least two gear drops per match, matches can be the shortest and most efficient grind, and you’ll have three chances at the Rose Hand Cannon.
Once you get into a rhythm for Power grinding, the process required to increase your level fast becomes very straightforward. In most cases, the order you complete activities doesn’t matter much as long as you progress. If you must be at the maximum level as fast as possible, though, this is how you do it. If you’re looking for more coverage, check out our Destiny 2 guides collection.
Featured image via Bungie.