A wand is one of the most unique aspects for most magic users in the Wizarding World franchise, and no wand is more well-known or powerful than The Elder Wand. Here’s what you need to know about how to make the Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy.
Can You Create the Actual Elder Wand?
While it’s not possible to receive a wand with the exact same specifications as The Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy, it’s still possible to end up with an Elder Wand of your own that looks the part.
How to Receive an Elder Wand Through Wizarding World
One of the biggest reasons to make a Wizarding World account is to take a quiz and be paired with a wand, which you can import to Hogwarts Legacy. Seven questions determine what kind of wand you’ll end up with, although only three will lead to a Wand made of Elder wood. The questions and correct answers are below:
- And your eyes… – Blue
- Do you most pride yourself on your… – Intelligence
- Traveling alone down a deserted road, you reach a crossroads. Do you continue… – Right towards the castle
Crafting an Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy
Hogwarts Legacy takes it a step further with eight Wand Designs and three variations each to choose from. None of them quite match the unique design of the Elder Wand, but it’s possible to make something look pretty similar.
When it comes to matching the general shape, the only design that comes close to matching those bulbous bumps is Stalk. Use the middle Dark Brown variation to complete the look.
Adjusting the values under the Wood Type tab doesn’t change your wand’s model, so you can put whatever you want here. If you want even the text to sound like this is the real deal though, we can follow some key details.
- Wood Type: The most powerful wand is known for being made with a rare wood that’s even in its name, so you have to go with Elder.
- Length: Technically, it’s supposed to be fifteen inches, which means the maximum fourteen and a half inches value is the best.
- Flexibility: The Wizarding World quiz gives one of two options for an Elder Wand and in our opinion, nothing fits better than Unyielding.
That leaves us with the choice of the Wand Core. Within the canon, the Elder Wand has a core made from the tail hairs of a Thestral. Neither of the three core options in Hogwarts Legacy covers that, and none of them change how it looks anyway. But the closest option to a death-affiliated winged horse would probably be a Unicorn.
Following either of the two methods will help you make the Elder Wand in Hogwarts Legacy. It’s not the exact same as the one everyone fears, but it’ll still be an elder wand nonetheless. Looking for more guides to help your magical adventure? Our growing Hogwarts Legacy guides hub can answer your questions.