With the new Roblox Connect, players can now call each other and have both audio and video calls. You can call anyone in you friends list as long as they have the Desktop, iOS, or Android app. Here’s how to call people on Roblox.
How to Make Calls on Roblox
The first step is downloading Roblox Connect in Roblox on your iOS or Android mobile device or your Desktop. I am using the Desktop version where I have my microphone and camera connected. Speaking of which, before you use Connect, you need to have access to Roblox Voice chat. This means you’ll need to allow access to your camera and microphone on Roblox:
- Click on the little cog in the upper-right to open Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy on the left.
- Scroll down to the “Microphone and Camera Input” section.
- Tick the “Use microphone to chat with voice” and “Use camera to animate your avatar” options.
Note that video is completely optional, you can just use your microphone to chat. You must be 13+ to use Connect and have the latest Roblox version. You can verify your age under the “Personal” section in Settings.
How to Call People on Roblox Connect
Now, here’s how to call people on Roblox Connect via your friend’s list:
- Click on the “Call a friend” button at the bottom.
- Select “Start a call” on the left.
- Search for a friend you want to call.
- Click on the green call icon.
The person you’re calling will receive a call on their phone or desktop device. This will transfer you both to a special game world for your call where you can walk around in “free play” mode, emote, and have fun with your friends. If at any point you want to end your call, simply click on the red “Hang up” icon at the top. This will teleport you back to the lobby where you can initiate more calls.
I also recommend removing any friends you don’t want contacting you since if someone’s on your friends list, they can initiate a call. That’s it for how to call people on Roblox. For more guides on the game, check out our guides hub.