Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 lets you fight in different ways depending on your style. There are new things added, but also old battle techniques are still in. The basics from my Beginner’s Tips and Tricks are good for getting started, but you’ll want advanced techniques to play online.
I’ll help you become more competitive by going over some tips to help you in battle and when playing against people online.
This guide will go over advanced battle tactics for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4 including:
- Combo Canceling – The different methods you can use to cancel combos and why it is important.
- Secret Technique/Ultimate Jutsu Combo – The different ways to combo into using the secret techniques.
- Multiplayer and Online Tips – General tips for fighting human players.
When fighting harder opponents, you’ll want to know how to cancel combos. This is useful for linking longer combos, avoiding strong attacks, and protecting against substitutions. There are 3 ways to cancel a combo:
- Chakra Dash Cancel – This is the most common form. Just load up chakra and do a dash in the middle of a combo.
- This makes you dash right at the enemy so you can begin a new combo. If you do it right, you can keep the enemy in a nonstop combo, and they will have to use substitution or support to get out.
- Jump Cancel – Simply press the jump button in the middle of a combo.
- This protects you when they substitute in the middle of your combo because you can block or dash into them for another combo.
- Ninja Move Cancel – This is when you jump while pressing a direction. It causes your character to move to a different location and works just like jump cancel.
- You can position yourself using this method and set up other attacks.
Chakra Dash is the easiest to keep combos going, but it takes up a lot of chakra. Support can also mess it up and if you don’t time it right when an opponent substitutes, they will get the first attack. Jump is the safest, followed by Ninja Move.
Secret Technique/Ultimate Jutsu Combo
Secret Techniques, which used be called Ultimate Jutsu in the previous games, are when you load up charkra 2 or 3 times then attack. Your character glows blue for normal and orange for team jutsu.
You can combo into secret techniques to make them easier to hit.
You can also use a Ninja Move in the middle of a combo, and then immediately use a Secret Technique. This will also do more damage then if you hit them normally with it.
Leader Switch Combo
You can switch to support while doing a combo, then immediately use a Secret Technique. This is the method that is most successful for me. When you switch leaders during a combo, the new leader charges into the enemy. This gives you opportunity to catch them off guard and hit them with the attack before they can substitute.
You can also switch after using a substitution when your opponent is in the middle of a combo, then use a Secret Technique.
These methods also make it easier to land the team Secret Technique if your team gauge is full.
Multiplayer and Online Tips
When playing human players, you’ll need to watch out for what they are doing and change your style.
- Many players will try to continue combos by constantly Chakra Dashing.
- You can stop this by simply using substitution or calling in support.
- You can jump of many attacks and jutsu and it catches the opponent off guard.
- You can also hold block while in the air, but it is weaker than when on the ground.
- If an opponent tries dashing to you while you are in the air, you can drop down and use it to your advantage by launching your own attack.
- Use the counterattack.
- While blocking a combo, you can press the throw projectile button to counterattack.
- This is great when an opponent is in the middle of a combo, and you don’t want to use up a substitution.
- Manage your substitutions and watch your opponent’s substitutions.
- Don’t just spam your substitution every time you are in the middle of a combo or jutsu. Save them for when you really need it.
- Sometimes it is better to take a full combo if your opponent isn’t combo canceling.
- If you run out of substitutions, it will be easy for you to get hit by a Secret Technique. Likewise, watch for when your opponent uses all theirs and go on an aggressive offense.
That’s all for my battle and online tips for Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 4. Let me know if you have any questions!