Plenty of sports games, including the NBA 2K series, have experienced connection issues and errors. Many keep players from accessing certain online features — or the entire game. In this guide, I’ll tell you how to fix error code 727e66ac in NBA 2K24.
How to Fix Error Code 787e66ac in NBA 2K24
While there are quite a few solution articles on the official NBA 2K website for a number of errors and issues, I wasn’t able to find anything about error 787e66ac there. Since that fouls out, let’s go over some troubleshooting methods.
- Check the game’s server status.
- Restart the game/platform.
- Check your internet connection.
- Reset your router/modem.
- Verify the integrity of your game files.
- Check your Firewall and anti-virus permissions.
- Run as an administrator.
- Uninstall and reinstall the game.
Check the NBA 2K24 Server Status
The first thing to do is check the NBA 2K24 server status. Go to the NBA 2K Down Detector page. If there’s a spike, then other players have encountered the error.
- You can also visit the NBA 2K Game Status page to see the status of various servers for specific game modes and on systems like PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. I found discrepancies between this and Down Detector, so keep that in mind.
- Lastly, check the official NBA 2K social channels, including the NBA 2K X account and the NBA 2K Community account. It’s also worth checking the game’s Discord channel.
Restart Your Game/Platform
Restarting NBA 2K24 when you run into an error is always a good call. I’ve had plenty of issues clear up from a quick game and/or platform restart. It’s low effort and keeps you from trying any more involved methods if it works.
Check Your Internet Connection
I find this is always a good thing to do when running into any connectivity issues. While error 787e66ac is likely server-side because of an event or maintenance, it’s best to be sure your connection is sound.
- On PC, you can look at your connection status in the lower right side of the Windows toolbar.
- On PlayStation and Xbox, you can go into your system settings (you’ll usually receive a message pop-up if you’re internet dips or goes out).
- You can also check the lights on your router to make sure they’re showing properly.
Reset your Router/Modem
Even if your internet connection seems fine on the surface, I suggest taking the extra time and effort to reset your modem/router anyway. Doing so for a solid 10-30 seconds can refresh the system and improve your overall speed.
Indeed, you should also try an internet speed test if you’re having issues. Lastly, try switching over to a wired LAN connection with an ethernet cable if you’re currently playing over Wi-Fi. Wireless can be unreliable, not to mention there’s more data loss over Wi-Fi than a short ethernet cable.
Verify Your Game Files
If you’re playing on Steam, you’ll want to verify the integrity of your game files. This ensures that all files are properly installed and not damaged. It’s possible that some files became corrupted during the initial install, a reinstall, or an update.
- To do so, right-click the game in your Steam library, then click Properties -> Installed Files -> Verify integrity of game files.
Check Your Firewall and Anti-Virus Settings
Both your Firewall and anti-virus settings can conflict with games from time to time, and NBA 2K24 is no different. I admit it’s a half-court shot that this is causing error 787e66ac, but it’s worth a try. While your anti-virus settings depend on the program you’re using, you can check your Firewall by:
- Typing Firewall in your Windows search bar.
- Going to Firewall & Network Protection.
- Clicking “Allow an App through Firewall.”
- Finding NBA 2K24 and clicking the checkbox on the left side.
Run NBA 2K24 as an Administrator
Sometimes, forcing a game to run as an administrator clears up issues and errors like a slam dunk. Doing this gives your program more rights than it normally has, which can force it past things like Firewalls and anti-virus programs.
Uninstall and Reinstall NBA 2K24
Ok, I admit it: this is a last-ditch effort no one really wants to try. It’s laborious, and depending on your internet service provider (ISP), you may have a data cap you don’t want to eat into. However, if all else fails and you’ve been waiting a long time for a solution, it’s an option to try and fix any errors.
It’s never 100% guaranteed any of these methods will work, but those are my suggestions on how to fix error code 787e66ac in NBA 2K24. Hopefully, one of these gets you back on the court. For more tips and tricks, head over to our courtside guides hub.