Being able to pinpoint every confirmed gold bar location in Red Dead Redemption 2 means you’ll be able to get rich faster than you typically would. It’s no secret that money is hard to come by in the early stages of RDR2. Earning some quick cash to upgrade your camp or buy a better horse becomes a priority quickly.
Every Confirmed Gold Bar Location in Red Dead Redemption 2
Here’s a quick list of every confirmed gold bar location in Red Dead Redemption 2:
- Limpany Sheriff’s Office.
- Fort Wallace/Coterra Springs trainwreck.
- Strange Statues quest gold bars.
- Braithwaite Manor burned building.
- Shady Belle plantation.
- Treasure map gold bars:
Gold bars are worth an unbelievable $500 each, and hunting them all down will give you at least $12,000. They can also be used to exploit the RDR2 infinite money glitch. However, know that if you’ve jumped over to playing Red Dead Online, this glitch counts as cheating and could result in your account getting banned. Use it at your own risk.
Limpany Gold Bar Location
The Limpany gold bar location is available as soon as you leave the mountain and enter the open-world area of the game, making it easy to grab. Travel southwest from the Horseshoe Overlook camp until you find Limpany, a tiny little burg that burned down. Head into the burnt-out Sheriff’s Office at the northwest end of Limpany and look for a desk in the corner. Your quarry is inside a lock box under the desk (along with a horse pamphlet).
Train Wreck Gold Bars
Located south of Coterra Springs and northwest of Fort Wallace, this hidden train wreck location has two gold bars. You’ll see a derailed train car underneath the bridge. To the right of the crashed car is a small path up the mountain. Just slightly up the path, turn left, and you’ll see a small alcove. You can run and jump into the open area, then turn around and jump across the chasm to an outcropping. From there, just jump down into the open end of the derailed car to find a chest with two inside.
Strange Statues Quest Gold Bars
To kick off the odd Strange Statues puzzle, first head to Window Rock northwest of Fort Wallace and immediately south of Granite Pass. At the top of the area, Arthur will note a cave painting about strange statues. After that, head northeast of Fort Wallace to a map location just to the southeast of the giant letter “I” on the map. Enter the cave in the rock wall to find the room filled with strange statues.
To complete the puzzle, press the button on the strange statues in this order: 2,3,5,7. Now you can access the middle statue to find three gold bars ready for the taking!
Braithwaite Manor Gold Bar Location
You can pick up this RDR2 gold bar starting in Chapter 4 by heading to Lemoyne’s Braithwaite Manor, found south of Rhodes. Head into the main burned-down building and go into the room just beyond the dead body. In that room, turn around and look in the corner to find a lockbox.
Shady Belle Gold Bar Location
This item at Shady Belle is also known as the secret gold bar in Red Dead Redemption 2. At the end of Act 3, you’ll return to the old Shady Belle plantation house a second time to clear out the remaining Lemoyne Raiders and establish a new camp. When the elderly Confederate shoots himself in the head in the main upstairs bedroom, don’t go downstairs to help move the bodies yet. Instead, search the dresser on the opposite side of the bed.
Treasure Map Gold Bars
There are five Treasure Maps that lead you to gold bars: Landmarks of Riches, High Stakes, Jack Hall Gang, and The Poisonous Trail maps send you on what may feel like a wild goose chase. However, map four of each series leads you to stashes of gold bars.
Landmarks of Riches
To find the first map for Landmarks of Riches, head to the Obelisk landmark northwest of Lake Owanjila. Investigate the plaque to discover a hole that hides the map. From there, you’ll head to:
- Tiny Church: Located northeast above the letter “Y” in Lakay on the world map in the Bayou Nwa.
- Mysterious Hill Home: East of Donner Falls under the giant letter “I” on the world map.
- Bolger Glade: This is just east of Braithwaite Manor, east of the letter “W” on the world map.
- Mount Shann Sundial: Head to Mount Shann in Big Valley to find the Stone Sundial. You’ve pretty much made a loop, as you can see the Obelisk from its location.
Examine the rocks that make up the different times to find six gold bars.
High Stakes Treasure Map
To start the High Stakes Treasure Hunt side quest, you’ll need to find an old treasure hunter that wanders throughout New Hanover and Strawberry. He won’t give the map over willingly, so you either have to kill him, tie him up and steal it, or push him so he drops it. With the map and the quest officially started, here’s where to go:
- Cumberland Falls: East of Wallace Station inside a cave.
- Barrow Lagoon: Northwest of Valentine under the giant letter “M” on the world map.
- Cliff Path: Northwest from Fort Wallace, onto an unmarked path and around a small series of mountain edges.
Finding the treasure reveals three gold bars for your stash.
Jack Hall Gang Treasure Map Gold Bars
You can pick up two gold bars in Red Dead Redemption 2 by following the treasure map bought from (or looted off the body of) the treasure hunter Maximo, who is available in Chapter 2, northwest of Flatneck Station. After picking up the first map, you can follow the clues to the stashes at these locations:
- Caliban’s Seat: South of Valentine.
- Cotorra Springs: Southeast of the second giant letter “A” in Ambarino on the world map.
- The O’Creagh’s Run Lake: South of the giant letter “O” in Ambarino on the world map.
The Poisonous Trail Treasure Map
To get the Poisonous Trail treasure map, you’ll need to finish The Noblest of Men, and a Woman quest and search Flaco’s house. Once the map is in hand, you’ll head to the following locations:
- Face Rock: West of Ringneck Creek, under the giant letter “E” on the world map.
- Van Horn: Look for the steep hill west of the trading post, below the giant letter “R” on the world map.
- Elysian Pool: Northwest of Van Horn, above the giant letter “E” on the world.
The treasure is hidden behind the waterfall, in a chamber off toward the right. You’ll find four gold bars near a boulder on a ledge.
Le Tresor Des Morts Treasure Map
If you pre-ordered Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC or got the Special or Ultimate Editions of the game while they were available, you’ll have access to the exclusive Le Tresor Des Morts treasure hunt quest. To start it, head to the Jailhouse in Limpany. Search the man on the cot to find the first map in this series. If you don’t see the map, you’ve either already picked it up or don’t have access to this quest. Next, you’ll head to:
- Cornwall Freight Station: Located at the Saint Denis Docks, look for a beam with an X.
- The next clue is a rhyme instead of a map, with a sketch of stained glass windows:
- Where the floods rise up,
But the dead stay dry,
And the colored light falls,
When the sun’s in the sky.
There to your left you’ll find our wealth,
It’s no good to us without our health.
- Where the floods rise up,
- Saint Denis Cemetery: Look for the building with stained glass windows.
Inside you’ll find six gold bars in a hole in the wall.
Those are all the gold bar locations in Red Dead Redemption 2. If you need help with the rest of the open-world wild west adventure, whether it’s how to bond with your horse or where to find legendary bear pelt location, our RDR2 guides page has you covered.